Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Austin, Tx question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Austin, Tx question

Nov 24, 2019, 12:41 PM

Have any lungers stayed near the Austin Convention Center?

First trip to Austin. Most of my event will be aroumd the the Austin Convention Center area.

Any music venues and restaurants within walking easy distance or will I need a car or uber?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Austin, Tx question

Nov 24, 2019, 1:15 PM

RH Tig willki®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2019, 4:36 PM

I'd Uber. Parking is a pain downtown. Good restaurants all around. Live music on Sixth Street. Don't stay out late or if you do Uber around. Don't walk. The homeless can be aggressive sometime. Rainey Street is close by also. Good place to visit for food and drinks. Ironworks BBQ is in the shadow of the Convention Center. Cooper's is up on Congress and 3rd. Stay safe!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2019, 10:04 PM

Thanks!

Uber for sure, parking is a pain.

Nov 25, 2019, 8:43 AM

Continental Club, Saxon Pub, Antone's, C-Boy's Heart & Soul, and the Hole In The Wall are all in reasonable Uber distance and have the kind of music you like. There will be a lot of live music around Sixth St but WAY too many youngsters learning how to party, so one walk through was enough for me. There are plenty of other iconic clubs for music, but you probably don't want to get out that far.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Austin is an incredible place for food and music.

Nov 25, 2019, 8:53 AM

I'd hit up one of the local food joints, possibly Applebee's or TGI Fridays. The brisket is TO DIE FOR at both places and those BABY BACK RIBS!!!!

For music, I would bring my headphones and get a 7 day free trial of Google Music so you can pick whatever hot new artist you want, either Florida Georgia Line or Jason Aldean.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've not really gone to Austin at all if you haven't

Nov 25, 2019, 9:01 AM

caught a live performance by a top-shelf musical artist at Annie's Cafe & Bar by Gate 27 in the iconic Austin Bergstrom International Airport.

Austin, TX resident here.

Nov 25, 2019, 9:43 AM

Lost of stuff within Walking distance of the convention Center.

6th street is about 5 blocks north. Rainey St. Is just south.

If you want to see live music, there are a ton of options within the immediate vicinity.

Re: Austin, TX resident here.

Nov 25, 2019, 10:16 AM

How safe is it to walk around? Tex tig mentioned some safety issues and he and RH recommeded uber, I'd rather walk if it's safe.

I mentioned Uber because I was recommending music venues

Nov 25, 2019, 10:20 AM

that would have been a little further than walking distance (without getting way out of the way) but every time I've been to Austin we were on foot most of the time. Never encountered any people or places that caused me even a minute of pause. Plus, I think I can take 98.7% of all aggressive homeless people in a fight, so there's that.

I walk around drunk out of my mind and haven't had probs.***

Nov 25, 2019, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Austin, TX resident here. ]

I lived there when I was 6

Nov 25, 2019, 9:54 AM

I can tell you that the ground was cracked, and we had a dog on our street that ran sideways. Hope that helped.

Aww man, now I've gotta take back christmas presents and

Nov 25, 2019, 10:29 AM

book some flights to Austin to see the sideways dog.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suggest you Uber through that neighborhood.

Nov 25, 2019, 10:36 AM

I mean, you wouldn't want to get molested by the Best Maid Pickle delivery man, you know.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic