Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier big-time proponent for Clemson to SEC, should
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Spurrier big-time proponent for Clemson to SEC, should

Jun 17, 2012, 2:30 PM

they expand or have to replace Arkansas if they leave for Big XII.

As the egoist he is, once he retires in a few years he could rest assured that no coach could likely top his achievements there with its in-state rival having the same conference advantages, not that it seems to be hurting us too much right now being in the ACC in terms of recruiting or championship opportunities.

I figured SOS's comments last year supporting it were disingenuous, but when I look at it this way it makes sense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier big-time proponent for Clemson to SEC, should

Jun 17, 2012, 3:21 PM

Why would Arkansas go to the Big 12 exactly???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

looks like the money is the same, ties to the old swc and a

Jun 17, 2012, 3:23 PM

shorter distance to the top?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: looks like the money is the same, ties to the old swc and a

Jun 17, 2012, 3:33 PM

Arkansas is upset their annual Friday Thanksgiving game against LSU is moving to earlier in the season

They were also upset about their permanent opponent from the East.

Travel and rivals with the Big 12 would be easier for non football sports.

Add in the Jerry Jones factor linking them closer to Texas,

Jun 17, 2012, 3:35 PM [ in reply to looks like the money is the same, ties to the old swc and a ]

plus getting shorted by the SEC on their prime time game with LSU after turkey day and the recipe for a switch is taking shape.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier big-time proponent for Clemson to SEC, should

Jun 17, 2012, 3:33 PM

lol - I almost believed part of this until I saw "Arky to the B12". :) That will NEVER happen in our lifetime.

Good humor on t-net today.

I know. I bowled over laughing too. The money is much better

Jun 17, 2012, 4:24 PM

in the SEC. Travel to SEC West members is nearby (they don't have to jump all over the map to play conference teams). Leaving the SEC would end rivalries they have built up over the past 20 years like with LSU. Add the fact that Arkansas fans would burn down the Arkansas Athletic Department if there was a hint of them considering leaving, NO, they are not going anywhere. besides, the SEC would take Florida State before us.

Arkansas will not be leaving for Big 12

Jun 17, 2012, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier big-time proponent for Clemson to SEC, should ]

Nor will Spurrier be leaving Carolina any time soon. He is healthy, loves coaching, and is chasing the Bear.

Spurrier's pro-Clemson remarks are for public consumption only. No one at Carolina will support CU admission into SEC and unfortunately, they hold the key.

Re: Arkansas will not be leaving for Big 12

Jun 17, 2012, 5:14 PM

Clemson going to the SEC has nothing to do with Usuk wanting us or not. There is not 1 SEC team willing to vote us in because to do so would be to vote for a cut in pay for each one. Would we vote for a team to come in our conference if it meant we would take a cut in pay? I don't think so!Why is this so hard to understand??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitt?...Syracuse?... Then again, maybe WE didn't get to vote***

Jun 17, 2012, 5:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They provide new markets, which Clemson does not to the SEC.***

Jun 17, 2012, 5:31 PM

They provide new markets, which Clemson does not to the SEC.***

Jun 17, 2012, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Pitt?...Syracuse?... Then again, maybe WE didn't get to vote*** ]

Re: They provide new markets, which Clemson does not to the SEC.***

Jun 17, 2012, 5:40 PM

so does UNC, NCS, and VPI

Link???***

Jun 17, 2012, 6:08 PM

Please - No More

Jun 17, 2012, 11:44 PM

on this subject until YorkTiger has his say. Until that happens we (including me) are blowing smoke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, we must wait till "Dude" and

Jun 18, 2012, 7:45 AM

York and the "lowcountry" guy speak. We shall sit around the conch shell till we are given guidance.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about the rumor USCAR To The ACC?

Jun 18, 2012, 7:42 AM

Longshot for sure, but it would make it easier (a LOT) for them to win a conference...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic