Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone know how BC run game compares to Louisville, FSU, or
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Anyone know how BC run game compares to Louisville, FSU, or

Oct 13, 2014, 11:23 AM

UGA? Can we use any of those other games as a barometer heading into this wknd?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of their rushing yards come from their QB Murphy.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:25 AM

He has 86 attempts for 711 yards and 8 TDs.

We should come out with a gameplan similar to NC State. Make Murphy throw to beat you. He hasn't proven he can do it. He only completes 56 percent of his passes and has 6 picks to just 3 TDs.

Re: Anyone know how BC run game compares to Louisville, FSU, or

Oct 13, 2014, 11:26 AM

It's way better.qb is run 1st and lots of zone read concepts. Our de will have to play well. If I had to compare to recent opponent, would be Ohio st. BC doesn't have that kind of talent but scheme is similar

Their QB is the running game***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:26 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boston College is Louisville with a better QB and offense.***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:30 AM

BC is close to dead last (123rd) in the passing game, and the only running attack they have is Murphy. Colorado State and Pitt managed to beat them.

They are 5th in the country in rushing with over 315 yards

Oct 13, 2014, 11:36 AM

per game. They shorten the game by running it so much. Their defense is 19th in the country, holding teams to 5 more points per game than Louisville, and always gives us trouble.

Great defense like Louisville, beat Southern Cal, and run the ball to shorten the game. It will be a struggle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of that rushing attack comes from Murphy.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:40 AM

He has 711 yards on the season. Their starting runningback only has 454. We can play them like we played Brissett and NC State and shut down their offense.

The real question is going to be how we score, because you're right in the fact that they do have a good defense.

I expect to see an improved rushing attack with Choice and a slightly

May 12, 2020, 9:22 PM

better passing game with a healthy Stoudt (and 1 week of practice). Hopefully our receivers will catch the ball this time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Agreed.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:56 AM

We're going to have to pass to open up the run. Morris running it up the middle against their front to start the game isn't going to work.

Hopefully a week of practice will help Stoudt shake the rust and build some chemistry with our receivers. And hopefully Williams will get over whatever hate he has for Stoudt and catch a pass from him.

Hope you are right. I think we will be better passing, but

Oct 13, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I expect to see an improved rushing attack with Choice and a slightly ]

I'm not so sure about our running game, especially against a team like BC that is good at stopping the run and practices against it every day.

Not close at all

Oct 13, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Boston College is Louisville with a better QB and offense.*** ]

Not even a similar scheme

Will Gardner is also 10 times the passer that Murphy is, and Gardner's not even that good.

Not saying they run the same offense, just saying they have

Oct 13, 2014, 11:47 AM

the same tough defense that is big strong and physical, but their quarterback is better and their offense is at least as good and probably better because of their quarterback will give us trouble.

It will be the same struggle to move the ball that we had last Saturday. Their offense will shorten the game with the style of quarterback they have(which we have struggled with in the past) and we'll get fewer at bats to score.

I look for another low scoring game just like Saturday that comes down to the wire.

Re: Anyone know how BC run game compares to Louisville, FSU, or

Oct 13, 2014, 11:29 AM

If we stack the box with 6 or 7 and play man at the corners, drop one LB into coverage, we should shut them down quite nicely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr Murphy , meet Mr Boulware. Have a good night.***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:58 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic