Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone know Buddy Brooks?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Anyone know Buddy Brooks?

May 13, 2013, 1:40 PM

“If it came down to winning the ACC or beating Carolina, give me beating Carolina,” said Buddy Brooks, a former Army lieutenant colonel in Vietnam, all-state basketball player for Hillcrest High in 1964 and a lifelong Tigers fan. “When I go out my door and walk down my driveway to get the newspaper in the morning or pick up the mail, I don’t see anybody from Virginia Tech or North Carolina State, I see those people in garnet. I see these Gamecock friends of mine with bumper stickers that say ‘Fear The Thumb.’

This is the guy that turned his back on Clemson a few years ago and started going to coot games. He does not like Dabo and stated that he would be going to coots until Dabo is no longer the coach. He said this on wccp

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone know Buddy Brooks?

May 13, 2013, 1:44 PM

If the last part is true the who give a #### what this turncoat says.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That's the classic example of a fair weather fan. Bye.***

May 13, 2013, 1:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the classic example of a fair weather fan. Bye.***

May 13, 2013, 2:10 PM

agreed.

null

May 13, 2013, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone know Buddy Brooks? ]

He and another guy that used to call in all the time. The other guy was a trucker and had some kind of BBQ sauce he was selling.

The BBQ sauce guy used to call packman also, both turned their back on Clemson

"both turned their back on Clemson".

May 13, 2013, 2:28 PM

There you have it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

May 13, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone know Buddy Brooks? ]

I hope they never turn back around.

null

If you're referring to someone who real name is Paul

May 13, 2013, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone know Buddy Brooks? ]

and he called in all the time and went on rants for several minutes and hung up,

I can't recall what he went by, Paws, I don't know,

but I ran into him a few weeks ago, he may not call in anymore, or really care for Dabo, but he's still a hugh Clemson fan,

I use to wonder what happen to Brooks, did care much for him when he was a Clemson fans as a caller into the show,

now I could careless for him or anyone who calls themselves a coot fan.

what a looser***

May 13, 2013, 1:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

May 13, 2013, 1:51 PM

Given that the last part is indeed true:

There ain't a way on God's green earth that a man makes the excuse that he doesn't like the coach, that is now going to Coot games because they've been on a hot streak once in 50+ years, ever had Clemson in his blood in the first place. That's as bad as taking the Lords name in vain, right there....and just enough to get me fired up.

May 13, 2013, 1:52 PM

Oh He's back now

He hated Bowden also

we don't want him.

May 13, 2013, 3:01 PM

through thick and thin, good times and bad. period. go tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2013, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone know Buddy Brooks? ]

I hated Bowden as a coach. Is that bad?

enough to say he's just arrogant.

May 13, 2013, 2:06 PM

called in to talk with Dan Scott one day and we were talking about the national championship/bowl game evolution and I asked Dan if he ever though that we would have a playoff of conference champions. I thought that if each conference expanded to 12 teams then the winners could duke it out for the title. Well ole' smarty pants called in right behind me and said 'NO' because as he put it "the pac 10 would never expand", because, "their commissioner wasn't greedy", and "didn't want/need a conference championship game". I'm really glad that he "knew" more than I did. He who laughs last!

Re: enough to say he's just arrogant.

May 13, 2013, 2:41 PM

Who was his loud mouth partner that called Dan all the time?

The BBQ dude

Re: enough to say he's just arrogant.

May 13, 2013, 2:53 PM

P.A.W I believe was the loud mouthed caller.

T-Bird was the trucker, but he never really gave up on Clemson from what I remember.

P.A.W. has never given up on Clemson

May 13, 2013, 8:18 PM

I can't speak for Buddy and the trucker, and P.A.W. drove a truck also

but I ran into Paul a few weeks ago and he's still a hugh Clemson fan and always will be

Re: P.A.W. has never given up on Clemson

May 14, 2013, 9:54 AM

Ask PAW about the year we played UK in the music city bowl.

He and brooks started going to coot games and went to their bowl

Now maybe they both lied

When I see him again I'll ask, but I know from our last

May 14, 2013, 4:41 PM

conversation Paul is as big a Clemson fan as ever

going to a game or a bow game of USC doesn't change who you pull for.

I have been to watch USC, UGA, and WF in the past seveal years and none of that changed how I feel about Clemson.

Re: When I see him again I'll ask, but I know from our last

May 16, 2013, 8:56 AM

He and buddy both let it be known they were not happy with Clemson and would be going to see the coots.

Both have come back

Lesser men can't hack living as a Son of Clemson...

May 13, 2013, 2:19 PM

While I can pity those who enter a life of Gamecock servitude out of ignorance, the man who turns his back on Clemson is dead to me.

If they cannot live up to the weighty mantel required of the true Sons of Clemson so be it. But to willingly embrace that which is unholy is an anathema. They forfeit the right to pity and will only reap the whirlwind this fall.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buddy Brooks was always a big mouth no action person

May 13, 2013, 2:35 PM

while he was at Hillcrest. In a game that would have resulted in a trip to the State Baseball championship, Buddy was trying to play third base. With two outs and a man on third in the bottom of the ninth inning, the batter hit a very slow roller toward third base. Buddy took his eyes off the ball and looked up. The ball rolled at least two feet beneath his glove between his legs and rolled into the outfield. We lost. Buddy never had the tenacity of a true ballplayer. Buddy was always interested only in Buddy. No surprise that he is still a jerk!

Re: Buddy Brooks was always a big mouth no action person

May 13, 2013, 2:42 PM

Yep and his brother is full of crap as well

May 13, 2013, 2:36 PM

If what you say is true, then he is one of those who probably still rants about Danny Ford and can't move on past those days. The Danny Ford days were during my years. He was a great coach, but times have changed and Clemson has moved on and so should he. However, Ford still needs to go into the Ring of Honor.

He was vocal about not wanting Dabo, so many of these guys are having to hope that Dabo doesn't succeed because that is the ONLY way they can ever come back and say.... "I told you so."

These kind of guys just need to man up and admit that they were wrong and that Dabo was the RIGHT hire and has proven so. Thanks TDP for making that decision. Could we have hired others? Absolutely. But I can tell you with 100% accuracy that many of those wanting the job, as I was told first hand, would have been here until the next BIG thing came along and TDP recognized that. Clemson IS one of those BIG jobs in my opinion. There is no need to look further.

We have the right man in place. He has been willing to learn. He is not afraid to make changes. When people scoffed at his hiring Napier, I can tell you for a fact, that with what we were paying, he didn't have much of a choice but to hire from within.

Look at what has happened in terms of our coaching staff when this administration put their money where their mouth was, in terms of salaries and facilities.

Again, I don't know Buddy Brooks, but he needs to realize he was wrong and TDP was right.

If what I've heard is true....

May 13, 2013, 5:19 PM

to two main condidates that were being seriously being considered to replace Tommy Bowden were Gary Patterson from TCU and Brian Kelley from Cincinnatti. While it would be purely speculation to suggest that Brian Kelley would have only remained at Clemson until the next BIG thing came along, to suggest something similar about Gary Patterson would be entirely unsupporeted IMO based on how long he has been at TCU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i have heard him on the radio, he sure wants everyone to

May 13, 2013, 2:38 PM

know where he's been, who he knows, and where he is going. he throws names around like they are going out of style. hey col, loose lips sink ships.

He is a weak coward and turncoat traitor.

May 13, 2013, 2:51 PM

We don't NEED fans like that. It is disgusting to even hear about this. I am glad that MOST Tigers fans are fans for life. What a loser.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To stop eating Sardis ribs one day because you don't

May 13, 2013, 3:54 PM

like a certain waitress is 'overreacting.'

To stop eating Sardis ribs and start eating roadkill right off the asphalt is 'just plain idiotic.'

Re: To stop eating Sardis ribs one day because you don't

May 13, 2013, 4:10 PM

> like a certain waitress is 'overreacting.'
>
> To stop eating Sardis ribs and start eating roadkill
> right off the asphalt is 'just plain idiotic.'

+1

Yes, I do know Buddy Brooks...

May 13, 2013, 4:35 PM

but that doesn't mean I like him. Buddy loves to talk about who he played golf with yesterday and all the big-name people he knows. His ego will barely fit in Death Valley. The less of him, the better.

I've known Buddy Brooks for years....

May 13, 2013, 4:50 PM

to sugget that he is an ignorant, self-serving, loud mouth, a$$hat, would be a gross under-statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 13, 2013, 4:59 PM

Hey we don't want him...we got enough fair weather fans. Send him a dawg hat and tell him to have a nice day.

Well if he played football at HSH in 64, then I know we ran

May 13, 2013, 8:15 PM

over his ### many times in 64 and before at Palmetto.

I wonder if he remembers the name of Ricky Medlin (Clemson recruit), David Gosnell (Newberry recruit), Kenny Ross (USC recruit), Jamie Williams (pro baseball pick), Steve Davenport (everyone wanted him, but Steve didn't want the books), Sonny Saxon (pro baseball pick by the Dodgers), and those were just some of the seniors that year. Our juniors and soph. did the same thing the next few years.

I hope he was one of those who left the field with someone's help.

and

What did he do for a living to give him such an attitude about himself or what he Thought He Knew.

Good by, he was never a turly Clemson fan.

Re:i have no idea who Brooks is but I don't think you

May 13, 2013, 8:39 PM

should call him out . I had rather beat SC, too, but I will not give up on the
Tigers. Be critical of the coaches at times. You bet. They are big boys and they know that this goes with the territory.

Re:i have no idea who Brooks is but I don't think you

May 14, 2013, 8:45 AM

Hey he's the one that run his mouth to Bart Wright so really he called his self out

C'mon guys! Keep it clean here! Reserve your harsh comments

May 14, 2013, 8:53 AM

for "thugs" and other assorted names given to 18 to 22 year old athletes. Leave adults out of this.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic