Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody have a guess as to where Clemson will be ranked preseason 2015?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,886

Anybody have a guess as to where Clemson will be ranked preseason 2015?

Dec 24, 2014, 4:35 PM

Feel free to post a full top 15-25 along with it for those with a better grasp on next year's teams than me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody have a guess as to where Clemson will be ranked preseason 2015?

Dec 24, 2014, 4:38 PM

My guess would be 12th, mainly due to a lot of the players leaving on defense. We could be as high as 7 or 8.

Here's the only site I could find that gave it a go before knowing all of who bolts

Dec 24, 2014, 4:44 PM

Early for the draft.

Clemson @ #11

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/way-too-early-top-25-for-2015/

Would love for ND to be top ten when we play them so we can get the Miss. St. treatment next year (beating then top ten, now non-ranked aTm/LSU and a four loss Auburn team.

Re: Here's the only site I could find that gave it a go before knowing all of who bolts

Dec 24, 2014, 4:52 PM

So ND opens with Texas next year, and faces Georgia Tech before they come to DV.

Both dangerous games, but if they can pull out the wins, they'll almost certainly be top 10 when they come to our house.

Let's go ahead and get FSU early, too, while they're still ranked top 5. If next year is similar to this year, we'd be catapulted (ala Miss St) up to #1 after week 5.

Georgia at #6 is laughable

Dec 24, 2014, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Here's the only site I could find that gave it a go before knowing all of who bolts ]

So is mizzou #10

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia at #6 is laughable

Dec 24, 2014, 7:00 PM

Mizzou at 10 simply because no reigning SEC division winner could possibly be outside the top ten.

Re: Georgia at #6 is laughable

Dec 24, 2014, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Georgia at #6 is laughable ]

> So is mizzou #10

Agreed. Especially with mizzou in the top 10.

Take it with a grain of salt though because it is an SEC website. Of course they're gonna hype up that joke of a team that won the east this year.

Also have have usc Jr receiving votes. Lol.

Tell 'em onedercoot

Dec 24, 2014, 9:37 PM

#9 to steveport 35-17 66-42-4

Re: Tell 'em onedercoot

Dec 24, 2014, 10:42 PM

> #9 to steveport 35-17 66-42-4

Real life. Deep. Intuitive. Mezmorizing. Wow. Blown away.

I would guess 17-22.***

Dec 24, 2014, 4:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I would guess 17-22.***

Dec 24, 2014, 4:55 PM

Behind all of the SEC teams. The coots will probably fall to 10th as they were 9th last year. Preseason polls are so laughable. It is just a popularity contest by the so called sports writers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is an easy one. SEC 1-14 cause ESPN said so...

Dec 24, 2014, 4:56 PM

The top 15 is usually always the same crap. SEC and brand name garbage. You know how it works. We're sure to be overlooked.

1. Bama (because ESPN, media, blah)
2. Ohio State
3. Oklahoma
4. Auburn
5. Michigan State
6. Oregon
7. Georgia
9. Florida State
10. LSU
11. Baylor
12. Clemson
13. Arizona
14. TCU
15. Texas AM
16. Notre Dame
17. Ole Miss
18. USC
19. K State
20. Arkansas
21. Louisville
22. Penn St
23. Florida
24. GT
25. Az St

Watch, all the hub around us will be what we lost on D. They'll tout DW but question his knee strength and continue to cite what we lost on D. It'll make ya sick. If there was a way to put 14 SEC teams in there, they would.

Solid. Michigan state lost their DC to HC Pitt. Wonder how much

Dec 24, 2014, 5:05 PM

Of an effect that will have on their ranking going into the year. Honestly may not matter, because I see them dropping a few games and not contending for the top 4 as a result.

Yea but the rest of the Big10 is garbage. Easy to win 10.

Dec 24, 2014, 5:15 PM

I mean OSU will be good but really who else? Wisconsin? They're losing a lot. Plus they need a coach. And RB Gordon is gone. Nebraska? Almost certainly not. Penn State? Nah, that's an 8 win team at best. Iowa? Maybe good but still it's Iowa.

QB Connor Cook is talking about coming back. Gotta have a good QB to win. With that conference looking worse than the SECleast I find it easy to see MSU winning 10 games.

Dec 24, 2014, 5:42 PM

All depends on bowl season. I would say no higher than 5 and no lower than 12.

Dec 24, 2014, 6:15 PM

Top 15. With a healthy Watson and a defense that can get off of the field,a run at the playoffs should be our target.

Dec 24, 2014, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody have a guess as to where Clemson will be ranked preseason 2015? ]

> All depends on bowl season. I would say no higher
> than 5 and no lower than 12.

Lol we will not sniff the Top 10. Too many losses on defense. Not saying the team won't be good enough, that's just how preseason rankings are. They'll cite an "injury prone" quarterback and a "brand new" defense and offensive line. Sounds like 20ish to me.

Dec 24, 2014, 6:39 PM

This made me smile....

Scuba_do 2 weeks ago

Is it possible for anyone to forecast a top 20 and NOT include SoCal or Notre Dame?
Clemson at # 11 is laughable after losing 8 defensive starters and an Offensive Coordinator.

Deeznutz 5 mins ago

Call me crazy, but didn’t that little one legged Freshman beat your beloved ##### this season? And from what I have been reading your program is losing recruits like virginities on prom night…I prob wouldn’t agree with the ranking they got, but they got some fckn juice…I would worry about them for the next few seasons if I were you..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 24, 2014, 6:58 PM

By CFB law, the SEC will occupy at least 7-9 of the Top Ten spots, so I'm guessing we will be ~ 12th if we manage to beat OU, but ~18th if we lose the bowl game.

I think there was actually ONE SEC team that was preseason #9 that barely made it to a lower tier bowl game with a 6-6 record, not even able to sniff the Top 25. Go figure.

Higher than Scar lol***

Dec 24, 2014, 11:00 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,886
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic