Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another prayer request---a continuation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Another prayer request---a continuation

Jan 23, 2014, 11:12 PM

Most of you will remember my previous requests for prayer and encouragement. I had asked for prayer for chronic back pain. I've been out of work since October 18th and had my 3rd back surgery on November 12th. This has been going on since 2007. I'm just not myself. I was on 3 pain meds- one was a 75mcg Fentanyl pain patch changed every 2 days, the other was Oxycodone 30s (150 per month), and the last one was Lortab 10s (120 per month). On top of that I was prescribed muscle relaxers and an anti-anxiety med. the good news is I never took all of the meds. I think I would be dead. However I have cut the pain patch down to less than half and I'm changing it every 3 days instead of 2. I am off the Lortab and I probably take 2-4 Oxycodones per day based on pain.

I started physical therapy 3 weeks ago. My physical therapist said that for my age (38) I have some the weakest lower extremities she has ever dealt with. Due to the prolonged back pain, the need for compensating of my knees has caused me to have serious issues with both knees. My knees are really limiting how much I can do to strengthen my core muscles. One of the exercises she has me do is sit on a big bouncy ball and try to lift each leg separately. When doing this my leg shakes so bad and I hurt in my lower back and hips. Since starting therapy my back (L4, L5, and S1 fusion) has started making a clicking and popping sound. Sometimes the popping hurts and sometimes not. Every time it happens it scares me. I'm so scared that the fusion has broken again. My first fusion in 2008 broke within 3 months.

Today I found out that my physical therapist believes I'm too weak to continue normal therapy and she is transitioning me over to aquatic therapy. I will start that next week and do 3 times per week for 3 weeks and then get a reassessment. I was supposed to try to go back to work the first week in February based on my progress, with this new therapy I'm sure that will be delayed. My employer has been so good to me, but it know business is business and I can't be out indefinitely. I'm so scared I'm going to end up being permanently disabled. I don't want this. I want to contribute to society. I don't want to be at home while my wife is working. I just can't help it. I have prayed and prayed. Throughout it all I trust God. He has me here for a reason. I'm just getting so depressed. To see my checks coming in at 66% and cut every corner I can to make ends meet is tough. On top of this my wife was in a car wreck in Christmas Eve and totaled my car. It was our most dependable car. Can't beat a Toyota- especially one that is paid off. :) So we had to go get another car. It is neck but I like no payments.

I just ask for your prayers. I consider you all my extended family and I appreciate that we can all pray for one another. If I offend anyone who doesn't believe in prayer I apologize. At the same time I will pray for you as well. We all need God.

Sorry for continuing to need prayer, but I do. Some people just have certain crosses to carry. Pain has been mine. I despise back pain, but I know one day God s going to heal me here or in heaven. Oh to be pain free again. Wow! That is hard to fathom. Well, I will wend with this. I do covet your prayer for my back, my family, and our finances. If any of you ever need prayer Please feel free to ask. God bless you guys and I look forward to a better day.

PS-Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for you & for your family

Jan 23, 2014, 11:30 PM

My dad who is 44 has chronic back pain, fibromyalgia & nerve stenosis. I've watched him suffer a lot throughout my childhood & wouldn't wish that kind of thing on my worst enemy. I will pray for you now & continue to in hopes that one day you can live your life without pain being the main focus in your life. Your faith throughout all of your troubles is admirable & I think you are a very special person for not giving up. You're a tough s.o.b in my book & wish you the best of luck!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done.***

Jan 24, 2014, 12:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers Sent

Jan 24, 2014, 1:18 AM

I will indeed pray for you and your family. I too have experienced the seemingly never ending pain brought on by a back injury, although not to the extent that you have. I know the frustration of wishing it would just stop hurting for an hour or even 10 minutes. You are not alone. I trust that God has a purpose and a plan for all of us even if we can't see it. Hold on to your faith and never, ever give up. There are surely brighter days ahead.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers Sent***

Jan 24, 2014, 2:32 AM

Prayers Sent!***

Jan 24, 2014, 4:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done....and best wishes to you and your family.***

Jan 24, 2014, 5:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another prayer request---a continuation

Jan 24, 2014, 5:32 AM

Prayers for you brother.

I too know the pains of back problems and physical therapy after being hit in the rear by an 18 wheeler on I95. Thankful that mine isn't as bad as could be.

We will be praying for you and your family!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another prayer request---a continuation- done

Jan 24, 2014, 6:52 AM

wishing you all the best for your recovery

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done

Jan 24, 2014, 7:14 AM

Don't apologize for asking for prayer. We all need prayer for one reason or another.

Re: Done

Jan 24, 2014, 7:34 AM

Amen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have my deepest sympathy and sincerest prayers

Jan 24, 2014, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Done ]

Your story humbles me. Thanks for sharing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry...meant for original poster***

Jan 24, 2014, 7:43 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will keep you in my prayers

Jan 24, 2014, 8:38 AM

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Jan 24, 2014, 8:44 AM

Done...

Prayers offered You might try

Jan 24, 2014, 9:07 AM

seeing a chriopractor that does Active Release Technique (ART). Google ART and you should be able to find the closest one. We are fortunate to have one nearby and he has saved my wife 3 surgeries and me one. It may not be applicable to your case, but it may help as much as the PT, or more.

Will keep praying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you offended anyone, too bad. Praying for you and your

Jan 24, 2014, 9:46 AM

family. May God heal you and end your pain. Praying for financial gains to come your way. God Bless. He does send many miracles.

Jan 24, 2014, 11:26 AM

Done.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic