Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another perspective on the game and Hurricane Florence...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,284

Another perspective on the game and Hurricane Florence...

Sep 13, 2018, 9:34 AM

First, I am glad the game has not been cancelled, and I hope it will be broadcast on tv so I can watch it.

I live in Charleston and for those of you who don't know, Charleston County was one of the Counties who were given an evacuation order on Tuesday. Many residents of this and other coastal counties have moved inland earlier this week. To assist with the evacuation, lanes were reversed on I-26 starting Tuesday.

My family has stayed in Charleston for several reasons, primarily because we are native South Carolinians and have weathered many hurricanes/tropical storms. We also understand that hurricanes are unpredictable until the last 24-48 hours before landfall. (Despite what the professional meteorologists would have us believe.)

It is highly doubtful that we will go to the game because traffic will be an absolute nightmare on I-26 East this weekend between the rain and everyone heading back home. I-26 East can be a beast on a normal Sunday. This Sunday's traffic will be ridiculous!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re the reason all the coots are losing their minds.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:44 AM

Haven’t you heard that all the LEO’s in the state must stand by to go save your non-rule-following self?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL-no!

Sep 13, 2018, 9:47 AM

We were prepared to leave if it was bad.

As you can see, Florence has dropped from a category 4 to a category 2. She looks to weaken further when she makes landfall. This is the reason we stayed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're still here too but in Goose Creek and we are not

Sep 13, 2018, 9:55 AM

going to the game either mainly because my wife is worried about her cats which are too wild to travel with. Storm track looks a lot better for us than it did two days ago!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're still here too but in Goose Creek and we are not

Sep 13, 2018, 10:46 AM

Wouldn't "her cats" be the Tigers? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another perspective on the game and Hurricane Florence...

Sep 13, 2018, 9:56 AM

Summerville here. I didn't leave either due to the storm projected to go across the whole state and coming back will be nuts. At least the game is still scheduled on tv....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live in West Ashley and got to witness some of

Sep 13, 2018, 10:10 AM

the evacuation traffic on 17 South yesterday.

Wow! It was bad through West Ashley. Hopefully it got better once people got out of the stoplights towards Ravenel.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic