Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another ND misconception
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,252

Another ND misconception

Oct 22, 2017, 11:59 AM

Seeing where some posters claim that ND "could' bump an ACC team out of the OB. How ? Am I reading this wrong ?Looks like ND has a chance to bump the B1G and the SEC to be an OPPONENT of the ACC ? Again I could be reading this wrong.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-orange-sec-notre-dame-story.html
The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) is locked into a 12-year deal with the Orange Bowl, so if the ACC champion qualifies for the playoffs in a year when the Orange Bowl is not a semifinal host, the next-highest ranked ACC team will play in the Orange Bowl. For the secondary tie-ins: The Southeastern Conference (SEC) and the Big Ten Conference are guaranteed three appearances each, and the University of Notre Dame can play in a maximum of two games, but is not guaranteed any appearances. The ACC team's opponent in a given year will be the highest-ranked available team from the SEC, Big Ten (this always excludes the SEC and Big Ten champions. If an SEC or Big Ten team – or teams – qualify for the College Football Playoff, the next available team would also be excluded from participating in the Orange Bowl due to contractual obligations with the Sugar and Rose Bowls, respectively), and Notre Dame, subject to these constraints. Also, should this highest-ranked team create a rematch with the ACC team, the Orange Bowl has the option of passing over that team for the next-highest ranked team among the Big Ten, SEC, and Notre Dame, again subject to the above contractual constraints. The College Football Playoff committee's rankings will be used to select the ACC's opponent. The other four will be College Football Playoff berths. ESPN holds the television rights for 12 years as well

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct...***

Oct 22, 2017, 12:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Correct...***

Oct 22, 2017, 12:10 PM

Must have been written by a Filth-a-delphia lawyer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so your saying Domers aren’t in the ACC?

Oct 22, 2017, 12:11 PM

Unless the exercise their option?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just read on here and several other boards yesterday

Oct 22, 2017, 12:18 PM

that somehow ND could bump the ACC out of the OB,so I Googled it to see what I could find.

Notre Dame could secure a spot in the CFP. That might

Oct 22, 2017, 12:30 PM

"Take" a spot that would ohtherwise be available to any other school from any other conference. The issue becomes an issue if ND is a more attractive one loss team than say, Miami... or Clemson. Or, UGA. Then ND would be "taking" a spot from a conference. What people need to realize is that conferences don't matter in the CFP at all. They are not obligated to take any teams. Any. A conference champ could easily be left out. That's the whole point of having a Committee - to choose (based on SOS, record, etc) the best 4 teams based on the entire body of work

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,252
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic