Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listening to ESPN radio today.....comparing this/last season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Listening to ESPN radio today.....comparing this/last season

Jan 14, 2020, 1:40 PM

So the narrative about LSU's championship run today is that somehow it is the greatest championship run, Burrow will go down as not only an LSU legend but...blah blah blah the greatest etc.

Now I am not going to deny Burrow and the wrong Tigers had a great season, they outplayed us and "deserved" to win the national title.....

However, I'm not sure why the narrative seems to have them eclipsing the Clemson 2018 campaign. Same results (15-0), with us beating the greatest "Alabama Team of all time" by more than we got beat last night. In fact Clemson had a shot in this game through 2.5 quarters whereas Alabama was done much earlier.

My hope is that LSU is just the shiny new thing and that in time the 2018 and 2019 seasons will be looked at comparably.... but who am I kidding.... E$PNSEC will sell it as the greatest and our story gets left in the dust until we win another.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listening to ESPN radio today.....comparing this/last season

Jan 14, 2020, 1:43 PM

This year the talking heads get to pat themselves on the back because LSU won. Last year it was a blow to the talking heads ego that Bama lost and that’s why you got all manner of excuses. No more complicated than that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we did it with a Frosh QB

Jan 14, 2020, 1:45 PM

Get used to it...

I think that one big reason why a Clemson victory would have meant so much. To change the narrative. But, unfortunately we just didn't do enough to change the narrative so fasten your seatbelt.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No shame in losing to the greatest team to ever set foot on

Jan 14, 2020, 1:46 PM

a college football field.

At least we didn’t lose to the Suckeyes. That would have been embarrassing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They beat a whole bunch of top 10 and top 25 teams

Jan 14, 2020, 1:47 PM

including the two best programs in CFB. Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, Florida, etc. They had the Heisman winner who had arguably the best QB season in CFB history, they won the award for top offensive line, they had one of the most prolific offenses in CFB history, etc.

It was a really #### good season for them. I'm not going hate on them and attempt to marginalize their accomplishments.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK then 2016.....Next....

Jan 14, 2020, 2:02 PM

I mean we all know the disrespect is real.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We didn't go undefeated in 2016

Jan 14, 2020, 2:16 PM

Look, I get it. But you can't deny that LSU just completed a really impressive season. Is it the greatest season ever? Possibly, maybe even probably.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic