Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And the real answer is....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,387

And the real answer is....

May 3, 2012, 6:08 PM

WINNING. Do that (on a National level, ie bowl games (the tigers are 4-11 since 1995)), and everything else will fall into place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Oh NO! We are 4-11 in bowls since '95...

May 3, 2012, 6:44 PM

and your dirtpeckers are 5-12 all time in bowl games. So the worst bowl stretch in our history is about exactly the same as your history...what was your point again?

And yes, I am suggesting that you are cootish in your tendencies.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Re: Oh NO! We are 4-11 in bowls since '95...

May 3, 2012, 7:05 PM

But But BUT history only counts with every one else. Dirtpeckers never have had any bad history. If it ain't about them winning, it never happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh NO! We are 4-11 in bowls since '95...

May 3, 2012, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Oh NO! We are 4-11 in bowls since '95... ]

For one second on this board, lets not worry about what 1 team down the road is doing and worry about the tigers.

Clemson's best bowl run was from 1985-1993. During that stretch the tigers were 6 in 2 in bowl games. This was after two years of being ineligible for bowls, that we can't use as data points (but two of those years (82-82) they were 9-1-1). This bowl run came after the 1981 National Championship. Coincidence?

Look at LSU and Bama now. Winning breeds success.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

That gets harder and harder to do as you

May 3, 2012, 7:44 PM

find yourself constantly having to recruit players to play in a conference that doesn't care about football, you find yourself having to scramble with $10 million less per year than your state rival, you have to recruit against the SEC while your conference mates (UNC, Maryland, VT, etc have recruiting grounds that are not saturated with SEC teams.

It is easy to say just win, but you do want to be on a level playing field or the winning does not come so easy.

Re: That gets harder and harder to do as you

May 3, 2012, 7:54 PM

Boise State seems to do just fine recruiting and winning. No - there are no SEC teams to recruit against. But BSU makes no bones about it. They'll play ANY SEC TEAM anytime, anywhere. So far only UGA has accepted that terrifying challenge. And we all know what happened with that.

Re: That gets harder and harder to do as you

May 3, 2012, 9:25 PM [ in reply to That gets harder and harder to do as you ]

Clemson is recruiting just fine. Top 10 classes the past two years, top 20 the two years previous, and #2 in 2008.

utah lonnie

May 3, 2012, 9:28 PM

Are you a Mormon......do you have 20 brides......do you live in the desert In. Your own trailer compound?.......if so then sir you are the ####.

I'm Methodist if you really want to know...

May 3, 2012, 9:30 PM

and you are a moron.

truth be known

May 3, 2012, 9:32 PM

I'm a Methodist too ### hole.......coot.

And I graduated from the Citadel...

May 3, 2012, 9:34 PM

So wrong answer, AGAIN!

Re:You are bragging?***

May 3, 2012, 10:22 PM

Welcome to the ignore list...***

May 3, 2012, 9:35 PM [ in reply to truth be known ]

oh ####

May 3, 2012, 9:36 PM

My life is over now.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,387
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic