Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching ND-BC...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Watching ND-BC...

Nov 14, 2020, 4:56 PM

just makes clear just how bad our offensive line is. Youth, talent level, scheme, coaching... all factor in at varying degrees. Even if we gef ALL the injured players back by the ACCCG AND those guys are playing at peak potential (which seems improbable to me), our OL will keep us from winning in the CFP this year. It will likely keep us from beating ND to get there. Both of their lines are better than ours this year and we don’t have enough skill players to stretch the field on offense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and how awful our d is wihtout the starters

Nov 14, 2020, 4:58 PM

for all the great recruiting we do we havent seemed to develop our back ups

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and how awful our d is wihtout the starters

Nov 14, 2020, 5:00 PM

Trotter and Stewart obviously weren't to highly recruited. I think it's just a growing year for us and we will have a great OL next year or the year after.

Nov 14, 2020, 6:13 PM

Cafe was a grayshirt. Only school recruiting him was uga south. But the coaches obviously feel he's our best. We'll gel and be ready for championship run. Hurt dju not being able to run. And we're not sure what the play call was etc.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: and how awful our d is wihtout the starters ]

Cafe was a grayshirt. Only school recruiting him was uga south. But the coaches obviously feel he's our best. We'll gel and be ready for championship run. Hurt dju not being able to run. And we're not sure what the play call was etc.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to and how awful our d is wihtout the starters ]

Um, I think just about every team in the country would look awful without the starters. The Tigers were within 1:45 of beating N.D. on the road. I believe a December rematch will turn out differently.

Nov 14, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to and how awful our d is wihtout the starters ]

Our defense played pretty well last week up to the final 2 minutes of regulation after we lost a few more guys. It’s one thing to count on backups to fill a few spots. It’s an entirely different thing to expect your backups to be developed to the point of overcoming missing 9 starters on defense by the end of the game against a top 5 opponent.

Thanks for the info

Nov 14, 2020, 4:59 PM

Now I don’t have to waste my time watching my Tigers the rest of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the info

Nov 14, 2020, 4:59 PM

Now I don’t have to waste my time watching my Tigers the rest of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I’ll add this...

Nov 14, 2020, 5:04 PM

Our play-calling, especially late in the game, did not play into our strength. It was gutless... terrible. Even as pyss poor as our OL is at run blocking (and often in pass pro), we STILL should have won that game. Instead we put the game on a totally gassed defense, decimated by injuries. Inexplicable lack of courage and common sense by our coaching staff in that moment.

Re: Watching ND-BC...

Nov 14, 2020, 5:05 PM

It was good enough to put up 473 yards on ND and take them to 2 OT's with many starters out. I think your over reacting.

I’m not saying we aren’t a good team

Nov 14, 2020, 5:10 PM

We are a very good team. But limitations on both sides of the ball from injury and a failure to replace skill players at key positions will likely keep us from post-season success in my opinion. I hope I am wrong.

However it turns out, the OL situation needs to be addressed. Injury isn’t an excuse there.

Re: I’m not saying we aren’t a good team

Nov 14, 2020, 5:15 PM

Exactly as far as the Oline. We have had issues all year.

Yet we were up 7 with 2 minutes left missing 7 or so starters with...

Nov 14, 2020, 5:09 PM

Our #1 QB, and probably #1 player in the entire nation, standing on the sideline.

Yeah, we have a slim chance to beat ND and even make it to the CFP.

??

~JKB

Just calling it how I see it

Nov 14, 2020, 5:12 PM

If I’m wrong and we make it back to the national championship I’ll be the first one to come back here and kiss your a$$. If I’m right you can kiss mine.

Nov 14, 2020, 5:10 PM

We went into the game last week without our starting quarterback, and 4 starters on defense. We’re obviously getting our QB back and are expected to get back at least 3 of those defensive starters including our best DL.

Over the course of the game we lost an OL and several more guys on defense, and it still took double overtime for them to beat us on their home field, and yet you don’t think we can beat them on a neutral field with all our guys back?

That’s right

Nov 14, 2020, 5:13 PM

I don’t.

Re: That’s right

Nov 14, 2020, 5:21 PM

Well you have the right to your opinion I suppose. I agree with you that I think our OL will have to play much better to win games in the CFP. However, nothing I saw last week from ND makes me feel they can beat a healthy Clemson team on a neutral field.

Getting our guys back on defense is obvious, but having Lawrence back will be huge. It’s hard to imagine Lawrence putting up bigger passing numbers than DJU did. However, Lawrence allows us to add the RPO back which should allow more space for ETN. Lawrence is also a much better runner than DJU at this point of their careers which also opens up more options.

Re: That’s right

Nov 14, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to That’s right ]

Ok coach.

For me, after watching ND-BC...

Nov 14, 2020, 5:15 PM

Re: For me, after watching ND-BC...

Nov 14, 2020, 5:31 PM

You're an idiot

Tell me about it Mr. 26%

Nov 14, 2020, 6:06 PM

Wrong***

Nov 14, 2020, 6:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 6:05 PM

I’ve got zero doubt we will smoke ND in the ACC championship with a healthy Skalski, Jones, and Tyler Davis...

The playbook, especially read option will open up much more with TL in the game...ND didn’t have to be concerned with DJU running therefore could play a softer scheme with their LBs...we will have them biting like starving Somalians over a buzzard in the championship game...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 14, 2020, 6:38 PM

ND has big bodied recievers and run tons of crossing routes. The way we blitz leaves the part of the field they want to use open. We will be better in a rematch but make no mistake it will be hard to heat them. Our DB's dont play the ball well so our press man defense get picked on. We will have to score 40+ again to have a shot.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic