Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An unprecedented turing on a presidential administration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 678

An unprecedented turing on a presidential administration

Aug 26, 2020, 2:08 PM

Can anyone here name a time where this many people in a political party turned on the incumbent president for their party? Or even just a time in modern history? Where this many lifelong members of the party have openly supported the opposition to an incumbent, or even dared to speak at the convention of the opposition party in support of the challenger?

To me, this is more of a sign of Trump's impending defeat than the polls. I think the insiders know where this race is heading, and people are quickly aligning themselves to save their political careers. Because in the future, being attached to this presidency could be career suicide.

The line up of speakers at the RNC are a joke. Sure, we can talk about how crooked the Dem politicians are who spoke. I get that. But they are still party hardliners. Trump has trotted out mostly his family to tell us how great he is. Or the My Pillow guy. Or the St. Louis couple. Or that MAGA hat kid. And, desperately, Mike Pompeo.

Sure, Haley and Scott came out because Haley wants people to still have her on their minds in 2024, and I assume Scott has bigger aspirations as well. But they're taking an extremely calculated risk by still remaining Trump sycophants.

The actions of the GOP at the RNC say it all as well. Rather than put out a platform, which reportedly had key GOP insiders furious they weren't made privy to Trump and his kids' platform ideas, they just simply put out a loyalty statement to Trump. Why? Because they can't lock down a message that the Dems won't be able to tear apart and show how it doesn't fit traditional Republicanism. Trumpism conflicts with traditional GOP values, and the GOP knows putting out a detailed platform that echoes Trumpism will only hurt them.

Finally, Trump Jr. appears to be getting pretty nervous about the coming election (go ahead and LOL and dismiss; it doesn't matter). See the link below. The arrest of Bannon and the other ramped up criminal investigations can't be a coincidence. The sharks are circling.

Prosecutors are going to go hard after members of the Trump admin when they leave office because they know they won't have the Republican Senators to protect them. There's going to be a bipartisan push to send a clear message to never allow another presidential administration like this to ever come back in power.

And they should.

We haven't seen this before. If Trump pulls this off on Nov. 3--and the GOP in general--it will be a miracle. But I think the GOP knows they have to chalk this one up as a loss and start looking to rebuild for 2024.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-jr-2020-election-joe-biden-a9688561.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Awesome typo in the subject line. Should be "turning".***

Aug 26, 2020, 2:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Of course, you are correct.

Aug 26, 2020, 2:41 PM

I think even members of the military would speak out against him if that was allowed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Lindsey abandons ship, you know #### is hitting the fan

Aug 26, 2020, 2:12 PM

until then, ho hum

I like your funny words magic man

I don't think he will.

Aug 26, 2020, 2:17 PM

He's so delusional, I think he actually believes this Trump train is going to keep going and keep him in office.

Either that, or someone powerful somewhere has something bad on him.

He's too smart for that

Aug 26, 2020, 2:19 PM

dude knows which way the wind is about to blow and he's great at blowing with it.

He is a political leech. Once he thinks Trump is done, he'll jump ship for somebody else he can latch on to like he did with McCain.

He's my indicator.

I like your funny words magic man

The Trump family has nothing to worry about.

Aug 26, 2020, 2:16 PM

If DJT loses the election, he'll pardon himself and his kids on the way out the door.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone’s getting nervous

Aug 26, 2020, 2:17 PM

Who, me?

Aug 26, 2020, 2:18 PM

I think Trump is about to get royally curbstomped in this election. Not an ounce of nervousness on this end.

Re: Who, me?

Aug 26, 2020, 2:27 PM

USPS will make it fun.***

Aug 26, 2020, 4:46 PM

Re: Who, me?

Aug 26, 2020, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Who, me? ]

I agree with your OP but personally this feels like 2016 all over again. Trump wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they get creamed bigly.

Aug 26, 2020, 2:26 PM

Trump's got multiple obstruction charges waiting for him and possible charges associated with him lying to Congress. Set up a commission, prosecute everyone in the administration that broke the law, make an example of them so that this crap never happens again. Make a clear statement to all future candidates that this is not the way govern, it's the way to end up in jail.

This path, consequently, is the only way I think the GOP can permanently divorce itself from Trump and hope to regain its identity as a conservative party. Maybe the positive outcome of all this will be to have more qualified and principled presidential candidates in the future.

Re: An unprecedented turing on a presidential administration

Aug 26, 2020, 2:26 PM

TL DR don’t care

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got you, boo.

Aug 26, 2020, 2:28 PM

Dumbed down version for Manac:

Trump is going to lose. No president has ever had this many people in his own party turn on him. The GOP is showing all signs that they know it's going to be a wreck. Trump Jr. is scared and he thinks they may go to jail.

you still pimping stories with anonymous sources? lol***

Aug 26, 2020, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Catahoula

Aug 26, 2020, 2:31 PM

I hope you genuinely realize that those "turning against an incumbent president" are the ones that aren't benefiting from his presidency. This is all about greed, power, and money. End of story. Those turning against Trump have been found out by their constituents and colleagues as true swamp rats that aren't there to serve their political purpose, but to fatten their pockets and garner power. The Republican party of days gone by is over. It took Trump to finally give the people of the party a voice. The old republican party shifted too far left for its base.

The silent majority is going to win again in November and its not going to be close. Mark this down. Im not even voting for Trump, but I know the election is done and dusted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

clemsonrulez08

Aug 26, 2020, 2:33 PM

Name one time in history this has ever happened before. This many people in one party turning on the incumbent in their own party.

If you can't do it, you're proven wrong immediately.

...I didn't argue that point?***

Aug 26, 2020, 2:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope.

Aug 26, 2020, 2:48 PM

By your logic, anyone who didn't profit off a past presidential administration would have turned against the incumbent of their party. It's never happened.

It's happening now, and it's certainly not because those people turning on him feel they were screwed.

Re: Nope.

Aug 26, 2020, 3:16 PM

take this with a grain of salt but you seem kinda nervous

Aug 26, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to clemsonrulez08 ]

today. somethins got you all hot and bothered for sure

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, I'm good

Aug 26, 2020, 2:47 PM

If anything, this RNC is showing the Trump admin and GOP are even more desperate than I thought. Just, you know, pointing out my opinion. Which is what we do on this board. Remember?

Dang, you drank the kool aid with extra sugar,

Aug 26, 2020, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Catahoula ]

ate the package it came in, and blew the smiley kool aid man. Impressive. OH YEAH!

You clearly didn't read it all

Aug 26, 2020, 3:17 PM

I have watched less than 5 minutes total of the RNC. I am not voting for Trump. If that's the cool aid they want you to drink, then sure. Totally did.

You're right. Apologies Crulez08.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:54 PM

I got distracted by the image of the kool aid guy in my head.

Trump saved the GOP.

Aug 26, 2020, 2:41 PM

He was nominated as and outsider and elected as an outsider. Having a handful of ex-this and ex-thats should have been predictable and expected considering that those this' and that's were firmly rejected with Jeb and the rest of DC's insiders.

Do you expect America to revert back to the GOP's SOP now after having a taste of lower taxes and regulations, someone who says no to Germany and other NATO members who thrive on the handouts of taxpayers' money and China which took millions of American job?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Shakespeare already do this play?

Aug 26, 2020, 2:47 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe I'm about to compliment a Trump, but

Aug 26, 2020, 2:54 PM

Don Jr. looks pretty good with that beard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'm putting you on ignore

Aug 26, 2020, 2:56 PM

you're a monster

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't believe I'm about to compliment a Trump, but

Aug 26, 2020, 2:59 PM [ in reply to I can't believe I'm about to compliment a Trump, but ]

He looks evil like an evil overlord up to no good. That's not how I believe he is but he sure looks the part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't find any domestic articles to push your agenda?***

Aug 26, 2020, 4:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

It was originally reported in the NY Times.

Aug 26, 2020, 5:55 PM

Let's work on the reading skills, wilbur. Actually click the link next time. You can do it. I believe in you.

I dunno, 2016?***

Aug 26, 2020, 5:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 678
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic