Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ammon Lakip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,803

Ammon Lakip

Dec 30, 2015, 2:59 PM

Off all the disappointment with Cain and McCullough, I am most upset with Lakip. Here's a kid who got a chance to get it all back after an extreme screwup before the season. He's both blown it again and left us in the lurch. We need someone to blast it out the back of the end zone on kickoffs and now we don't have that.

I hope they put him on a greyhound back to his hometown and send him his stuff at a later date.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ammon Lakip

Dec 30, 2015, 3:01 PM

I totally bought his apology this summer. He seemed like he couldn't be more humble. Disappointing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would you do that to him.

Dec 30, 2015, 3:02 PM

He made a mistake, again. He is suffering worse than you are yet you want to pile on. We've got someone to fill his spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes. Sounds like he's quite the victim here.***

Dec 30, 2015, 3:05 PM

null

He is not a victim at all. He is a man and will pay his

Dec 30, 2015, 3:08 PM

consequences. Those consequences according to Dabo, his coach, is that he will miss the next two games. Why do you and the Rev think that Dabo's punishment is not enough and that we, as fans, should pile on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What "piling on" have I done? Offered my opinion on his

Dec 30, 2015, 3:36 PM

behavior?

null

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that he's an addict

Dec 30, 2015, 3:03 PM

Cocaine was his prior drug offense. That's a bit beyond "casual" marijuana use. The kid could have some very serious drug abuse issues. I hope he gets help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

He didn't do a great job kicking it through the endzone.

Dec 30, 2015, 3:03 PM

You are right to be frustrated with him for his behavior, but his kicking ability is average at best.
Now tackling and causing a fumble, that was awesome...but again, if he could kick it through the endzone, he wouldn't have had to worry about getting his uniform dirty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, he never kicked it out the back of the endzone

on a consistent basis anyway. We just need someone with a big leg and minimal accuracy for kickoffs.

fly a soccer player down.***

Dec 30, 2015, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I am disappointed in him as well...but it seems now is the time he could use the Clemson family the most. Would you disown your kid if they made a mistake like this or try and help them learn and mature?

Dec 30, 2015, 3:42 PM

First off, he is not my kid. Second, Dabo gave him a break and did not create an environment in which there might be a pile on, but Lakip went and got busted again.

Third, there needs to be standards and thank goodness for Lakip, this is just football. He likely isnt going to be kicked out of school (he would be at my alma mater). He still has a chance to get an education and correct himself.

As for piling on, I am generally against this as I have plenty of junk in my own closet. But he has been caught, now, multiple times and ostracism here might be enough to convince him that what he is doing is unsat in any circle he might want to be associated with. Given that this is still America and plenty of other opportunities are out there, I think some piling on here is okay if not beneficial.

Dec 30, 2015, 3:16 PM

Get over it. Clemson would not be in the playoff without a touchdown saving
tackle made by none other than Ammon Lakip against Notre Dame. It was a real
good tackle made by a good football player, who did not look like kicker on
that play.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,803
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic