Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabamas path to the national title has been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,991

Alabamas path to the national title has been

Jan 1, 2016, 10:18 PM

Predictable. After losing to ole miss I saw all of these scenarios coming. Beating ,ga, lsu, fla, msu. They do not have the secondary to play man against our receivers and while they won't have to sell out to stop the run, Watson and Gallman can turn out enough yards to get first downs.

Defense is playing fast and confident. Coker is a statue. I compare them to fsu only a tad more complete only fsu had better receivers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much of a difference do you think it makes

Jan 1, 2016, 10:27 PM

that Alabama can rotate 10 starters while our starters will have to play most of the snaps? Clemson is the best conditioned team in college football but I am not sure if we can tire out Bama, not that we will get tired just that Bama might not tire either. Seems to me and I don't know if you agree but I would hope we can get a quick lead and just stay ahead of them, make them feel rushed and needing to throw more and force them to throw into our secondary and get some turnovers and maybe they panic a little.

Re: How much of a difference do you think it makes

Jan 1, 2016, 10:30 PM

Pretty fair/accurate assessment I think. I like our starting 22 as much as theirs, but man oh man can they rotate and not lose much - just crazy depth. Our guys will need to leave it all out there for all 60 minutes.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 10:34 PM [ in reply to How much of a difference do you think it makes ]

The only position they have better talent and depth is LB. The Clemson 2 deep is vastly underrated. Also they can't sub defenders if Clemson doesn't sub guys on offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I know you can't be stupid and try and to go mano o mano

Jan 1, 2016, 10:47 PM

right out of the gate with Bama the way Mich St did. They wanted to win a slugfest and played right into Bama's hands. Seems we need to get up enough to get Bama out of its confort zone and make them feel they need to play catch up. Then hopefully at the end maybe they do tire some from running all day and adrenaline carries Clemson the rest of the way with Gallman chewing up clock.

Jan 1, 2016, 10:42 PM [ in reply to How much of a difference do you think it makes ]

If Ole Miss put up 43 on them , I'm not worried .
Ole Miss is a less talented , slower version of Clemson with our 2nd string QB in the game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 1, 2016, 10:48 PM

Hate to say it, but that Ole Miss game is ancient history. Bama is going to be an incredibly tough opponent.

I dont think their depth matters with our scheme

Jan 1, 2016, 10:47 PM [ in reply to How much of a difference do you think it makes ]

we dont have to sub on O and thus they wont be able to sub either unless we let them. I see us testing their different units and when they have what we conceive as the weaker group, we run hurry up the rest of the way down.

To this point, I predict a lot of Bama cramping!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabamas path to the national title has been

Jan 1, 2016, 10:36 PM

Coker is eluisive in the pocket but lacks accuracy and can't read defenses well. Also most of Bamas passing plays are screens with the occasional deep shot mixed in.

I like your comparison overall.
Bama is a better, much better version of FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 1, 2016, 10:52 PM

I feel like DW4 needs to attack the outside, rollouts, screens, etc. Bama's run defense is legit, I want us to test it but don't be stubborn about it if it's not working. But I agree with other posts that getting ahead and putting some pressure on Coker/Kiffin is crucial

Jan 1, 2016, 10:58 PM

My only concern is keeping Watson healthy.

Other than that I like us, never forget how Ohio state passed and ran all over them last year, and I mean ran all over them.

That d gets stressed and taxed when they have to cover the whole field up tempo and can't sub.

Jan 1, 2016, 11:05 PM

I trust you've seen them play more than I have and hope you're right. I was at Clemson in the late 80's days, when we mashed you in the 4th quarter. The 2nd halfs of the UNC & OK games brought a tear to my eye. Physical domination, power running, breaking your will until you submit, winning in the trenches

But now it's DW4 and not Rodney Williams. HA! Let's tee this thing up already!

Re: That d gets stressed and taxed when they have to cover

Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabamas path to the national title has been ]

the whole field.

So our coaches have both the Ohio State natty game from last year and the Ole Miss game from this year with Bama to break down. I hope we can tire them out making them run their ### off. Another thing I hope happens that has happened in so many bowl games where Clemson played a heavy hitting physical team (Ohio State , Nebraska, OK in the 89 Citrus Bowl)is that moment in the game where the other guys realize that our guys can go toe to toe with them .

Jan 1, 2016, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabamas path to the national title has been ]

Designed rollout plays would help. I think I like Renfrow and McCloud in the intermediate game against some big heavy LBs and Safeties

null

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,991
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic