Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Woke up this morning, turned on the tube
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,428

Woke up this morning, turned on the tube

Jan 2, 2017, 10:48 AM

and am already disgusted with the generic college football heads; outside of Mike Greenberg. I know we got praises after our game with 0hio St and am sure once those guys are heard from again we will get some love but these other guys are on this season narrative, still.

Things these babbleheads are missing on:

Kiffin will have to figure something else to exploit other than OJ Howard this time around. Our secondary will be waiting. We are deeper, which means more rested, have more flexibility and should an injury occur we are more capable with the next man up.

We have made adjustments in special teams. That goes for scheme and personal. Even tweeked our punting in the bowl break. We are not leaving any pebble unturned.

Few are mentioning Mike Williams and Deon Cain.

Bama's strength on offense goes against our strength on defense, the run game, ever since Brent has been our DC. However, we also can defend the pass.

They are saying Bama has a chip on their shoulder because of all the yards/points we put on them last year. That they will be looking to avenge that. Well, they can want want want. Doing is another thing and if they actually did in this want situation Ole Miss wouldn't give them fits, annually. Spread offenses with a mobile QB has been and still is an issue for Bama to defend. Especially, with athletic WRs with size. Washington has speed but no size. Browning makes good decisions for the most part but is limited in speed/quickness and doesn't have the greatest arm strength. Bama will have to defend the entire field on Monday.

Keys are the obvious: our offensive line play and take care of the ball on O, then stop the run game, and pressure the young sparadic Hurts in passing situations.

The only real positive difference in this Bama team, imo, is having the luxury of the read option/running a wildcatish look with Hurts behind the traditional Bama powerback. They are equal or not as good as they were last year in every other facet than last year. Including, depth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of that sounds like music to my ears***

Jan 2, 2017, 11:05 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Our secondary continues to concern me

Jan 2, 2017, 11:14 AM

I was shocked OSU didn't go for the long ball more often than they did. Particularly after the 2 PI calls. This has been a problem all year. We continually get bailed out by inaccurate passers or dropped balls. This is the primary thing that concerns me about our defense. the only other is ourr linebackers in coverage.

The best solution to both of these problems is our pressure on the QB. I expect this to continue against Bama and all will be good.

All the way to the promised land, Go Tigers.

Re: Our secondary continues to concern me

Jan 2, 2017, 11:23 AM

Well, Hurts is not accurate and is indecisive as well. Pressure, pressure, pressure...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our secondary continues to concern me

Jan 2, 2017, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Our secondary continues to concern me ]

Yep OSU had WRs open all night they either dropped some passes or JTs throw was bad.
A couple of drops by wide open WRs cost them big time.

One reason Bama's defense looks like "Saban's Best Ever"

Jan 2, 2017, 11:12 AM

is that the SEC is the worst ever during Saban's tenure.

DW4 will bring that to light next Monday.

Agree, we will score lots of points***

Jan 2, 2017, 11:15 AM

Re: Woke up this morning, turned on the tube

Jan 2, 2017, 11:38 AM

When I woke up this morning and turned the tube on Clemson was playing Ohio State again and we delivered a beat down again, 31-0.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Woke up this morning, turned on the tube

Jan 2, 2017, 11:42 AM

Watch Ridley. He's Been quiet.

Also, their white boy Dieter on passing 3rd downs

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,428
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic