Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
These should be happy days for the Clemson Football Family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,033

These should be happy days for the Clemson Football Family

Nov 25, 2018, 11:59 PM

but instead we are dealing with a total shat storm. All parties involved i.e. David Hood and Dabo Swinney need to put this to bed first thing in the morning. David needs to acknowledge that the article WAS NOT reflective of 95% of the fan base and Dabo needs to clarify that he was only stating that if a win is a loss mentality becomes the majority of the Clemson fan base he has no interest in leading our program and then state unequivocally that he knows this will not happen because it's really just a few idiots and not the Clemson fan base. Get this out of the way quickly tomorrow and everyone can move on. The focus can then be on what's important: Win the ACC on Saturday, compete for the national championship and bring in those blue chips like DJ.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%. Terrible time for a self-created problem.***

Nov 26, 2018, 12:03 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no problem.

Nov 26, 2018, 6:59 AM

Dabo isn't going anywhere. Our team will practice this week, win the ACC Championship, and go to the playoff again. All is good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It's made it to ESPN. It's a problem.***

Nov 26, 2018, 12:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is something about our fanbase not on espn?

Nov 26, 2018, 12:37 AM

Now it got Dabo involved. They gonna have a field day over it. Good ol Paul and Desmond probably busy writing their monologues as we speak.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only in the minds of T-netters.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:38 AM [ in reply to It's made it to ESPN. It's a problem.*** ]

Thank God our players and coaches have bigger things to worry about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: These should be happy days for the Clemson Football Family

Nov 26, 2018, 12:09 AM

IMO, I think some are reading to much into this fans say and Dabo says BS. Dabo loves his job, and he isn't going any where. He has been doing this type of job long enough that he knows that it is hard to get two people to agree on seeing the same thing, much less an entire fan base!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t conflate fans with MEDIA

Nov 26, 2018, 12:16 AM

This is CLEARLY DIRECTED AT “STIR THE POT” ARTICLES.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not directed at the media.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:17 AM

“Just look around college football, there’s a lot of people that would love to have the program that we have here, I can tell you that. 12-0 ain’t good enough? Then it’s time for me to seek other places. Make sure you get that."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t conflate fans with MEDIA

Nov 26, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Don’t conflate fans with MEDIA ]

But the one stirring the pot used "fans" as the ones being unhappy to make their feeling known to Dabo without just saying that was their feelings they were directing to Dabo. They didn't want Dabo blowing up on themselves, bc he would have!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're missing my point. The state and national media

Nov 26, 2018, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: These should be happy days for the Clemson Football Family ]

media have chosen to run with a narrative that there is distention and instability in our program with the headline "Dabo threatens to leave". If this is not immediately nipped in the bud it can have a snowball effect that would be disastrous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're missing my point. The state and national media

Nov 26, 2018, 12:59 PM

Yes, the pot stirrer should be a man and fess up to Dabo!!!

Nov 26, 2018, 12:19 AM

This was completely media driven and as they say fake news. The media was stirring the pot based on some minority opinion "lunatic fringe" fan base. The vast majority, probably 99.9% of the fans love and respect CDS and the program. The media owe him and us an apology for creating some fake news fire storm.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:42 AM

Agree totally, but I think you should clarify that the percentage is 99.99% with the .01% being a straw man that no one has seen or heard.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or we could all just drop it and it would go away.***

2018 will be known as the season of Drama

unless we win it all.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,033
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic