Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami really the 15th best team in the country?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,301

Miami really the 15th best team in the country?

Sep 19, 2016, 6:27 AM

They jumped 10spots beating app state??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

App St is good, they almost beat an SEC team

Sep 19, 2016, 6:39 AM

If you beat a team that almost beat an SEC team then you should rise to just below that SEC team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: App St is good, they almost beat an SEC team

Sep 19, 2016, 7:21 AM

It does seem to be the media logic nowadays.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it had more to do with UM having an SEC coach.***

Sep 19, 2016, 8:23 AM [ in reply to App St is good, they almost beat an SEC team ]

If you get a coach that was just fired from an SEC team you should be as good as that team was last year.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami really the 15th best team in the country?

Sep 19, 2016, 6:54 AM

A lot of teams lost in front of them or didn't look good. The new CFP has pollsters more willing to jump teams around week to week. Miami looked good so they moved.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Sep 19, 2016, 3:23 PM

Georgia looked atrocious against an unranked Missouri yet managed to go from #16 to #12. It'll never make sense to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2016, 7:20 AM

I doubt they are that good, but it seems like the MR love fest remnants from his secheat days persists. They were over rated most of the time, too.

Miami is loaded with many 4 star players, and more than one

Sep 19, 2016, 7:27 AM

or two 5 star guys.

They were my pick in August to win the Coastal, and they have done nothing to this point to make me think they won't win the Coastal. I told a couple of my friends at work a few weeks ago that FSU would have two losses by the time we got to Tallahassee, Louisville and Miami. If you remember, the Canes should have beaten FSU last year in Tallahassee. The Canes can match up physically with any team in the Country, it is all about having the right coaching staff in place. Having an alum back as a head coach is the perfect fit IMO. Plus, their QB is a possible first round pick.

The ACC needs Miami to be a good/great team, if they can just get half the great players within 75 miles of Miami to sign with the Canes, and have good head coach and staff, they can be a perennial power again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's connected to the $EC.

Sep 19, 2016, 7:38 AM

Tennessee barely beat App St. + Miami blew them out = 10 spot jump in the rankings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 19, 2016, 8:19 AM

They have top 15 talent that is for sure.

Sep 19, 2016, 3:35 PM

Yup...When Dade County Corrections does and inmate drop, they call it a recruiting visit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After three weeks, how can we know for sure who is and who

Sep 19, 2016, 8:40 AM

is not worthy of their spot?

Georgia? Tennessee 14? Really? They look mediocre at best. Why is Alabama number one after struggling to beat Ole Miss, who lost badly to FSU? Louisville looks like the best team in the country by a long shot after three weeks of football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After three weeks, how can we know for sure who is and who

Sep 19, 2016, 9:05 AM

After going to the App v Tennessee and the App v Miami game, Miami is the real deal and Tennessee is a joke at this point in the season.

I think Miami being ranked between 10-15 now, and possibly through the end of the season, is accurate. Completely different team under Richt. I still think the way to beat them is to put immense pressure on Kaaya as we did last year. The same could be said about most any team though.

At this point? Sure, why not?

Sep 19, 2016, 9:05 AM

Gotta sell that toilet paper

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sure. Can't prove otherwise.***

Sep 19, 2016, 9:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,301
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic