Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Never thought I'd see the day that Navy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,140

Never thought I'd see the day that Navy

May 12, 2012, 2:12 PM

was a discussion on joining our conference and to make it worse people agreeing that would be a good fit. Navy? Wow. Why would people not want to play Texas, Tex Tech and Oklahoma each year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Add Navy, but bypass WVU, yeah that sounds like a John...

May 12, 2012, 2:14 PM

Swofford move.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Iowa State and Kansas and Baylor and Louisville.

May 12, 2012, 2:23 PM

I can hardly wait. And getting to line Texas' pockets to watch baseball and other non-revenue sports at their place through the Longhorn Network, provided you can actually get it on your cable system - Wow! Man I can't wait to drive to Kansas. Sign me up.

Texas and Oklahoma would be great, obviously. Perhaps we'll see one of them in the 4-team playoff at year's end. FSU, Miami, Va. Tech, Ga. Tech, UNC, State - not a bad slate of games either.

Navy's not as much about competition as it is a solid program with a lot of stature that would help further solidify the ACC's national identity. For every big name in the Big XII, there's a dog, just like the ACC has now. Outside of maybe $3 million a year over the next few years, I just don't see any advantage in joining the Big XII.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget about Clemson's own military past, plus the

May 12, 2012, 2:31 PM

engineering schools and programs throughout the league that augment the US armed forces - it's a natural tie-in.

Navy as a member would be more about enhanced visibility, PR, and history. If you don't think there's monetary value associated with Navy and the global promotional value it would offer the league, you're mistaken. They are worth a very serious look. They could also be a key instrument in getting Notre Dame to commit.

If we move to another conference so be it. While we're in the ACC though, I want to see the league do everything it can to increase its appeal and visibility.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't forget about Clemson's own military past, plus the

May 12, 2012, 2:58 PM

if we are going after an academy, my vote is for army. you can't win a war without the army!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never thought I'd see the day that Navy

May 12, 2012, 2:27 PM

Cause most years we would be 0-3? I'm all for a big 12 move. Brings the Sooners here every few years. But you would almost have to count of two of those as losses almost every year(if not three)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2012, 3:00 PM

yeah so lets play Wake, BC, Duke, Navy, etc. in stead, we will really get some votes to get into that 4 team playoff with those quality wins.

Every league has its dogs. The Big XII has just as many

May 12, 2012, 3:05 PM

as the ACC. At least our dogs are within driving distance.

May 12, 2012, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Never thought I'd see the day that Navy ]

Navy has been to 8 bowl games the last 8 years.

Navy has played in 4 of the major bowl games (at the time).

Rose, Sugar, Cotton and Orange in its history.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Because

May 12, 2012, 3:00 PM

they are located in the middle of the ACC region, have a national following, and have more NCAA Championships than Clemson?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 12, 2012, 3:05 PM

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2002&dat=19841118&id=31kvAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0NoFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3489,3579730

May 12, 2012, 3:19 PM

And get to play defense against another option team.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,140
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic