Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About this UGA/Bammer game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

About this UGA/Bammer game

Nov 26, 2018, 2:07 PM

For the crowd who thinks Bama is in regardless of a loss and are therefore cheering for UGA to win.... what makes you think they would automatically drop Bama to #4 if they lose? The only argument would be that they're undeniably better than Ohio St/Okie via the eye test if they're keeping them out right? Well are they not undeniably better than Notre Dame too?

"The committee doesn't try to avoid regular-season rematches in the semifinals. It's No. 1 vs. No. 4, and No. 2 vs. No. 3. The committee will, however, try to avoid rematches in the other New Year's Six bowls." - Quote from ESPN about the selection process.

1. Clemson 2. UGA 3. Bammer 4. ND

Also, this.... https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-college-football-predictions/

Their algorithm could be absolute trash, but this thing is pretty confident in Bama not getting in with a loss.

Who knows. It'll be a fun selection show for sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Bama loses to UGa, I ain't so sure they get in...

Nov 26, 2018, 2:10 PM

especially if Clemson, OU and Ohio State all win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If Bama loses to UGa, I ain't so sure they get in...

Nov 26, 2018, 2:17 PM

Alabama if smart will play it exactly like this. (Because they can seemingly score points at will) this one will be kept close regardless. If Bama "takes" a 3, 7, or even 10 point loss in my opinion they are in. Rankings as follows

1. Clemson
2. ND
3. UGA
4. Bama

In my opinion every chance possible will be given to create an Alabama Notre Dame Final.

Nov 26, 2018, 2:24 PM

Very possible... and I have no clue what the committee "wants." But if we're talking money, I'm not sure why the TV networks would want a Bama/ND final. Channels would be changed by the end of the 1st quarter.

This time around...

Nov 26, 2018, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: If Bama loses to UGa, I ain't so sure they get in... ]

IMO, there is no way the CFP Committee can justify leaving out a one loss conference Champion like Ohio State or Oklahoma for a one loss team that did not win its conference even if that team is Bama.

If Bama loses, and Clemson, OU and OSU all win, the final four will be;

1 - Clemson
2 - Georgia
3 - Notre Dame
4 - Oklahoma/Ohio State

All that said, I don't see UGa beating Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to If Bama loses to UGa, I ain't so sure they get in... ]

Can UGA’s front 4 get too Tua on a consistent bases? That’s the key on “D”. Can Bama contain UGA’s run game?
can’t wait to see this game, should be a good one

They would not re-match UGA/ Bama in the semi...

Nov 26, 2018, 2:11 PM

We would be playing Bama again in the 1-4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They would not re-match UGA/ Bama in the semi...

Nov 26, 2018, 2:18 PM

Sure, that's a possibility... but you have to make a lot of assumptions based on no facts to get to that conclusion right now.

Will TigerNet be mad if Bama doesn't win by more than 21***

Nov 26, 2018, 2:33 PM

Re: About this UGA/Bammer game

Nov 26, 2018, 2:27 PM

DO you guys really think the committee will leave Alabama out?
First of all I don’t think Bsma loses. Even with a loss I believe the committee will devise a strategy to get them in the top 4.

Just my opinion.

Nov 26, 2018, 2:39 PM

No, I'm not putting money on Bama losing this weekend.

But if they do - the committee is plenty justified to leave them out in favor of OK or Ohio St with the same record + a conference championship.... they would also have justification to put them #3 over ND.

dIdnt make a diff last year. .why would it this year?

Nov 26, 2018, 2:50 PM

Oklahoma has a lot of pull bit not as much as ohio st.

No1 has as much pull as bama and ND.

Bama and ND are in...period. nothing can stop that now.

disney will spend this week trying to tell you different to get you to tune into their last 2 "who's in" shows, but the die is cast.

the last 2 spots ate still up for grabs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The Differences Are.....

Nov 26, 2018, 3:04 PM

That ND is undefeated this year (taking up a spot) and Ohio St. has 1 loss this year... 2018 Ohio St. resume is much more comparable to 2017 Oklahoma (1 loss conference champion) then they are to 2017 Ohio St. (2 losses).... Last year, Oklahoma was ranked 2 going into the playoffs and Bama was behind them, ranked 4th.

Of course this isn't a straight comparison, because Bama is actually playing in the conference championship this year. However, last years situation is completely different than this years.

NOBODY is losing a CCG and backing in to the 4 team CFP,

Nov 26, 2018, 2:41 PM

PERIOD

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 2:44 PM

If Bama loses they’re still in. They would have the same record as OU and OSU but with a much better loss.

simply not going to happen***

Nov 26, 2018, 2:46 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic