Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aaron Murray's QB rating last season...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,309

Aaron Murray's QB rating last season...

Aug 17, 2014, 10:09 PM

Just saw on ESPN The Magazine preview show that A. Murray ranked 3rd in QB rating behind Crab Boy and Marcus Mariota of Oregon. Wow. Aren't the pretty likely to have a drop off at QB? On the flip side, Cole Stoudt impresses me as really efficient. I feel really good about how Clemson matches up with the Dawgs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They saw Hutson Mason play

Aug 17, 2014, 11:05 PM

I'd be nervous if I were them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: They saw Hutson Mason play

Aug 17, 2014, 11:49 PM

He definitely did not look too good.

Aug 18, 2014, 12:09 AM

Can I ask what gives you the idea that he didn't look good last year? He played pretty good against Kentucky and lead the team back in the second half against GT and he threw for 320 yards against Nebraska in the bowl game. We would have won that game also if his receivers hadn't let him down on the last drive.

Aug 18, 2014, 12:16 AM

You guys struggle to beat teams last uear with Mason t QB that you should've beaten easily. Mason's numbers may not look horrible, but I don't think your offense was quite so potent with him as it was with Murray.

I do expect you guys to have a little bit of a drop off in offensive production, but I think if you're a UGa fan, you like the fact that Mason got some quality playin experience last year. At oust is much more of a question mark because he's only played in garbage time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did it end up hinging on the last drive?***

Aug 18, 2014, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: They saw Hutson Mason play ]

Re: Why did it end up hinging on the last drive?***

Aug 18, 2014, 10:38 AM

Defensively we were terrible, but should be improved (hopefully) this year. Also our RB situation wasn't the best as our entire backfield was injured except for our 3rd and 4th string backs. Gurley played but was far from 100%.

Our defense giving up the big plays was our biggest problem.

Re: Aaron Murray's QB rating last season...

Aug 18, 2014, 12:07 AM

using clemson logic here....if stoudt is better than Boyd then Mason is better than Murray.

Love Tajh, but he was pretty inconsistent

Aug 18, 2014, 12:18 AM

If Stoudt can come out and give us a solid outing on a regular basis, we very well may be better. Tajh had some pretty hideous off games, some of which we still won because of the talent difference.

Gotta keep in mind how many weapons he had at his disposal over his career. It's been an embarrassment of riches. Some top notch WRs, TEs, and RBs.

Re: Aaron Murray's QB rating last season...

Aug 18, 2014, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Aaron Murray's QB rating last season... ]

Running game piece of Tajh was huge

bowling ball

different styles of QB so hard to compare

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,309
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic