Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AJ Terrell at practice against Julio Jones
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,519

AJ Terrell at practice against Julio Jones

Aug 22, 2020, 1:15 PM

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1297178209704988672

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AJ Terrell can use the practice against the best of the best

Aug 22, 2020, 1:23 PM

We all know he has skills, and he knows and the football universe knows Burrow and the LSU WR's owned him ... keep working hard and invest in your skills and investments ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AJ Terrell can use the practice against the best of the best

Aug 22, 2020, 1:30 PM

I think the type of defense we had to run last year made his job a little tougher.

Aug 22, 2020, 2:01 PM

That’s exactly right. They carried the load on the defense last season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to AJ Terrell can use the practice against the best of the best ]

JB had all night to throw, we got little pressure on him. That is a tall task for any guy out on an island vs the likes of a Justin Jefferson. That game was won on the Line of scrimmage where we got severely out classed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2020, 2:00 PM

Agree gents ... but AJ won't get much help in the NFL against better receivers and QB's although I've never seen a QB (college or pro) as pitch-perfect as Burrow was against us in the natl championship. With a little time this year Bresee, Simpson, Henry, Foster, Mascoll, Murphy and BV's blitzers should seriously change the dynamic, but I'll give LSU their due for clutch play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: AJ Terrell can use the practice against the best of the best ]

IMO, yes and no.

There was no amount of pressure that was going to stop Burrow that night--only DBs that made plays. We didn't.

AJ had 2 TDs whistle right past his ear hole. Somehow while reading Jefferson's eyes, he failed to recognize the ball was coming. The other TD was a blatant but well-timed push off Jefferson used to create space because AJ was on him like he should have been.

Regardless, NFL QBs frequently throw into the very narrow spaces Burrow did that night. Hoping AJ can shut those spaces down.

Aug 22, 2020, 2:27 PM

he'll be fine. he came a long way in a short period of time at Clemson, he will continue to get better at the next level.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will work hard and get better. It’s a great opportunity

Aug 22, 2020, 3:11 PM

For him to rep 1 on 1 with a veteran NFL WR like Julio

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AJ actually had great position on every play, their QB and

Aug 22, 2020, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: AJ Terrell can use the practice against the best of the best ]

WR just made outstanding plays.

Unfortunately for us, their QB knew coming into the game that he would face no pressure and he was able to play comfortably. Our QB thought he had to make every play to keep up(perhaps he was correct) and put a bit too much pressure on himself.

If we had the defensive line of the previous year he would have been happy footed. But alas, we did not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AJ is going to be just fine in the NFL

Aug 22, 2020, 3:42 PM

And I am excited he is in Atlanta to do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,519
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic