Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AGAIN..can't believe #1 thing recruits like is putting on the Uni & helmet!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,223

AGAIN..can't believe #1 thing recruits like is putting on the Uni & helmet!

Feb 1, 2016, 6:48 PM

Then..having pics taken in it in various color combos, then rubbing the ROCK & sliding down The HiLL on cardboard OR a sleding device (like DaBO does)!

Geez..like some on here said earlier, that's why the school's are jazzing uP their Uni's & Helmets so often for big games..b/c that attracts these young impressionable young men.

Should DaBO break his old school feelings & allow one Wild Uni Outfit per season, and maybe even a Purple PAW helmet?!

What say You? I'm ok with one game, if Nike pays, and if it helps sign a Gary type player.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AGAIN..can't believe #1 thing recruits like is putting on the Uni & helmet!

Feb 1, 2016, 7:45 PM

YES!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Purple paw helmet!

Feb 1, 2016, 9:04 PM

once a year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do away with the "ghost" stripes, and that is a good looking

Feb 2, 2016, 7:16 AM

helmet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Purple paw helmet!

Feb 2, 2016, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Purple paw helmet! ]

I like this one better

Re: Purple paw helmet!

Feb 2, 2016, 7:38 AM

If you think uniform design makes a difference... Clearly don't pay attention. Perhaps it gets you the wrong type of kid. They can be excited to put them on, but that doesn't mean change them.

We played for Natty without doing that crap. Bama has won bunch recently without that crap. Same for LSU. Leave that crap for the big 12 and schools that can't receuit without gimmics

I wouldn't mind that one at all with the purple uni's. We

Feb 2, 2016, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Purple paw helmet! ]

only wear them once a year or so anyway, so why not make it a totally different uniform / helmet combo for that one-time-a-year occasion? You could auction them off for charity each year after the season. It would be a semi-unique cool piece of Clemson memorabilia, at least until several years had gone by!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 9:10 PM

If it helps in recruiting, then by all means.

Feb 2, 2016, 7:19 AM

Or another option... Allowing them to pick out the cheer Uni and taking pictures with the ladies. ; )

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2016, 7:32 AM

Maybe they enjoy seeing themselves in the uniform as is. If it was already their favorite thing... Why change it. Short version: NO. We are not/ should not comic up our uniforms for recruiting purposes. Has it done much for Maryland?

Feb 2, 2016, 7:41 AM

I used to be all for an alternate look to help recruiting but the more I see Dabo's plan unfold the more I am against it. If it takes a wild concept uni to sway a player then maybe they don't fit into the All In culture we have built. We want guys who love Clemson and not guys who we swayed because of the cool uniform we had that year. You don't see many of the traditional powers messing with their uniforms because they don't need gimmicks to get players. I think that is where Dabo is and wants to stay.

Feb 2, 2016, 7:50 AM

My echo is called clemsonsoccer

Feb 2, 2016, 7:58 AM

Haha you must have just beat me to that one.

Noooooooooo

Feb 2, 2016, 8:27 AM

Bama, OU, USC, LSU, etc. they don't change ####. Besides, what recruit has said "I loved Clemson except they didn't have shinny weird helmets"? That's a gimmick.

As for trying on the uniforms, that's a sales technique similar to a test drive.

Feb 2, 2016, 9:23 AM

We have chrome helmets ready to go, surprised we didn't break them out this postseason to be honest. I think the only time we will begin to entertain the thought of new unis is if we schedule a neutral site game in the coming years but I wouldn't be against an alternate jersey for an FSU or Auburn game

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,223
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic