Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"ACC!...ACC!"? Whose rooting for fellow ACC teams this W/E?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 965

"ACC!...ACC!"? Whose rooting for fellow ACC teams this W/E?

Nov 24, 2014, 10:08 AM

I must admit I am.

Obviously I want us to win.

I'd love to see GT beat UGA. I feel like we recruit more directly against UGA.
I don't love FSU but a weak Florida team beating an undefeated FSU would just intensify the SEC garbage on ESPN. I can't deal.
And I don't dislike Kentucky but same as above.

I know most here are "Clemson Only" and shun the "Go ACC!" stuff. I applaud that even if I don't share it. But this week none of the ACC wins hurt us, some help us, and each win serves to...if not silence the SEC banter...at least make it look a little sillier.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: "ACC!...ACC!"? Whose rooting for fellow ACC teams this W/E?

Nov 24, 2014, 10:09 AM

The only team I care about is ours. Leave the conference thumping to the experts since that is the only way they can be a conference champion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mixed bag for me.....

Nov 24, 2014, 10:11 AM

I was thinking about this earlier and have mixed emotions, well sort of.

If GT & Louisville win their SEC games, then it may be a lot tougher for Clemson to get the Orange Bowl slot if FSU makes playoff.

However, if Louisville falls to Kentucky, and GT loses to UGA & FSU, and we beat the Coots, then I think we are a lock to take the Orange Bowl slot.

So, it comes down to Clemson in the Orange Bowl or ACC kicking SEC ####.......I have to take Clemson first of course.

Re: Mixed bag for me.....

Nov 24, 2014, 10:14 AM

Agree 100%

split

Nov 24, 2014, 10:46 AM

I am not a conference guy. I am a team by team guy. I always pull for Clemson, Florida, Kentucky, and GT in these rivalry games. I will never get caught up in the conference stuff. Everything goes in cycles and right now the SEC is king. College football will always be bigger than one conference. The SEC got exactly what they wanted. They have the entire college football world talking about them. Half the posts on here are about them. Go to any other fan board across the country and they are talking about them. People tune in to cheer against them which drives their rating-just like I admit I do for notre dame. Step away from this conference crap and just enjoy all of college football. It works for me because each power 5 conference is awesome and has amazing things.

Have to look at the big picture...

Nov 24, 2014, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Mixed bag for me..... ]

Anytime the ACC teams beats an SEC team, that is good for us, in the long run. We need to get rid of this perception that the ACC is the weakest conference. Look how much the SEC is helped in the rankings because they come into the season ranked so high.

Miss State shot to the top of the rankings, solely because they beat LSU & Auburn, two teams that won't even finish in the top 25. But they were ranked high when Miss State beat them.
Definitely want FSU to beat FLA. Not even too concerned if GaTech beating UGA, possibly knocking us out of the Orange, because they would probably still have to beat FSU to finish ahead of us.

We just need to worry about beating the chickens, which won't be easy, because they seem to have a habit recently of playing their best game of the year against us. We have to turn that turnover bugaboo around this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 10:19 AM

I will be pulling for GT and Louisville this weekend, no matter what. However, I cannot pull for a program as dirty as Flst. When we beat usc, GT beats ga and Louisville beats Kentucky, that will be good enough for me.

Every game that Flst wins, is a case for a corrupt program.

I'm pulling against the SEC teams,,

Nov 24, 2014, 10:22 AM

eff 'em

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Unfortunately ESPN

Nov 24, 2014, 10:33 AM

Has created a world where conference affiliation is so important. Its all about the money and the better the ACC does the more money it will lead to.

Don't like it but that is the reality they have created.

It's more accurate to say I'll be pulling against the SEC

Nov 24, 2014, 10:43 AM

teams. But, ESPN has made it so that I tend to do that every weekend now...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly if we don't win Saturday, nothing will make me

Nov 24, 2014, 10:43 AM

happy the rest of the day. If we win, nothing will make me sad. I can't even muster up the desire to discuss any other game this weekend.

Nov 24, 2014, 11:06 AM

I know my view may be seen as extreme but I hate the ACC. Regardless of what some may say, we are treated as a red-headed stepchild. We are not now and never will be competitive in basketball according to all of the prognosticators and that makes it hard to recruit. We are the only "treat" to the favorite child "FSU" and therefore we are hated for that and always will be viewed as an outsider. I don't feel any allegiance to any team in the ACC other than the Tigers. I wish there was another conference that could serve us better than the ACC.

Replies: 11
| visibility 965
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic