Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC v SEC Early games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

ACC v SEC Early games

Jul 11, 2017, 11:35 AM

NCSU v SCar
GT v UTenn
Bama v FSU
Clem v Auburn

While there would be no "Major" upset if any of these 8 teams were to win....it would go far in continuing to knock the "SEC greatness" we're so tired of hearing.

NCSU is probably the biggest favorite here of any IMO, they should win, but Doeren has yet to prove he can win a game of any kind of magnitude.

GT offense early in the year coupled with UTenn breaking in a new QB (as is GT, but less important here IMO) just seems like a game where after everyone will be saying "and everyone said they have PJ offense figured out..."

Bama v FSU...obvious great game I give the slightest of nods to Bama. Probably just due to how great they've been, but pro's and con's each way.

Clem v Auburn.... being at Clemson helps, but even w/o that our advantage in the trenches on both sides is huge, Stedham may end up being great but he hasn't seen a defense anywhere close to what he'll see.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: ACC v SEC Early games

Jul 11, 2017, 12:15 PM

There is a real good chance the ACC goes 4-0 against the SEC....but that won't matter. The conversation will shift to "can two one-loss SEC teams make it to the playoffs if they win out?"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think there's a very good chance of an ACC sweep

Jul 11, 2017, 12:46 PM

These are most recent lines i can find. I think all are up to date except the CU/Auburn line which is a couple months old and may no longer be accurate.

FSU +7 vs Alabama (Bama 70% to win)
Clemson -7 vs Auburn (Clemson 70% to win)
NC State - 5 vs South Carolina (State 64% to win)
GT +3.5 vs Tennessee (Tenn 61% to win)

That's very evenly matched. Based on those lines the chance of an ACC sweep is just a little over 5%.

Re: ACC v SEC Early games

Jul 11, 2017, 12:17 PM

Kinda wish I could switch ncst and gt but looks good either way. I could see acc being 3-1 or 2-2. Just don't think fsu can hold off bama dline.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic