Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Jurisdiction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

ACC Jurisdiction

Jun 8, 2014, 11:33 PM

A lot of people have called for Swofford's firing because he won't do anything to reprimand UNC for their scandal. I hate UNC as much as the next guy (coming from someone who has grown up in Charlotte and has been around their whiny fans my whole life), but can the ACC actually do anything, or is it up to the NCAA to punish schools? The other possibility is that UNC induces self-imposed penalties on themselves, but we all know that's not happening.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Jurisdiction

Jun 9, 2014, 12:24 AM

Have the rules changed since they gang raped Clemson in 81??

Not the rules, the punishment and enforcement.....***

Jun 9, 2014, 7:40 AM

The Acc "leadership" in Greensboro NC will do nothing.

Jun 9, 2014, 12:35 AM

Because the Acc commissioner is complicate in the UNC scandal.

John Swofford was the Athletic Director at unc when the AFAM scheme was initiated. This goes back to the late 80s/early 90s. Watch our 1991 football game at unc. In the fourth quarter a unc professor named Carton Wilson is interviewed and the AFAM department's association with athletics at unc confirmed. That was 23 years ago.

It's also noteworthy that over the weekend when Roy Williams was defending the bball program at unc, he had several former unc bball players with him to attest to unc's "academic integrity". One of the players was Tyler Hansbrough. Tami Hansbrough, the mother of Tyler Hansbrough, resigned her position as a school fundraiser because trips she took with Matt Kupec, unc's vice chancellor for university advancement. Kupec, a former tarhole quarterback, resigned after an internal review showed he had charged personal trips with Hansbrough to the university.

unc might receive another letter of reprimand from the good ole boys in Greensboro but don't expect anything else.

Re: The Acc "leadership" in Greensboro NC will do nothing.

Jun 9, 2014, 4:07 AM

Personally, I think that Swofford should be pressured/FORCED to cut the head off the goats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unc self-imposed, the nc2a added on & the acc members voted

Jun 9, 2014, 7:47 AM

not to fine unc $100,000 for the transgressions; the vote was 7-4.

maybe, and i'm spit balling here of course, someone could do a story on where the power truly lies, because it's not with the commissioner. it's not thursday, but siriusly no watery bint lobbed john swofford a scimitar that made him king. he's an appointed official and the presidents of the member institutions put him there.

if you don't care for the figure head, that's perfectly ok, but the power and decisions lie with the member institutions so it might be in your best interest, if you're hoping for change, to take it out on them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe you misspelled NCAA

Jun 9, 2014, 10:04 AM

hopefully you will find this post to be helpful

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think you meant the National Collegiate Athletic

Jun 9, 2014, 10:07 AM

Association but I could be wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You are not wrong cutigerbob, and thank you for your

Jun 9, 2014, 10:09 AM

astute observation and your willingness to correct my mistakes.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's not unheard of that a man of small stature tries harder

Jun 9, 2014, 10:59 AM

in other areas in an effort to offset his shortcomings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not unheard of that a man of small stature tries harder

Jun 9, 2014, 11:12 AM

some just don't have any hard to try with, or that is what idwg told me! buwah!

Mind taking the marbles out of your mouth and trying again?

Jun 9, 2014, 11:17 AM

Thanks.

Re: Mind taking the marbles out of your mouth and trying again?

Jun 9, 2014, 11:28 AM

we all know by the company you keep what you have in your mouth. did you understand that clear enough?

That's much better leadcoot and yes, I keep company with

Jun 9, 2014, 11:34 AM

cultured friends with silver spoons, excellent bourbons & fine Cohibos.

I enjoy coming here during time away from the club to slum with trailer trash such as yourself.

You complete me.

Jun 9, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Mind taking the marbles out of your mouth and trying again? ]

You've already proved you're a chickenchit, and now you just sound desperate.

Jun 9, 2014, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Mind taking the marbles out of your mouth and trying again? ]

Poor lead #### lover

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'm sorry, could we get a ruling? I believe my "nc2a" was

Jun 9, 2014, 10:57 AM [ in reply to I believe you misspelled NCAA ]

grandfathered.

Re: I'm sorry, could we get a ruling? I believe my "nc2a" was

Jun 9, 2014, 3:30 PM

Now that there is the biggest draw back about getting old enough to become a grandfather. You start getting used to settle the simple Chit.

Calm down. It's not like they wore pads under their shorts

Jun 9, 2014, 11:32 AM

in early August. If the ACC starts paying attention to little things like decades of institutionalized academic and athletic fraud, they will miss critical things like Clemson players wearing shorts that have pads sewn into them to early in the season or Clemson giving a visiting recruit a second dessert.

null

Re: Calm down. It's not like they wore pads under their shorts

Jun 9, 2014, 3:24 PM

Facts being used again. Understand though, if you keep using facts on here, they may one day become acceptable in here. Now you wouldn't want that to happen, would you;)

I used the fax to give the confuse to that

Jun 9, 2014, 9:21 PM

bunch in Wisconsin or wherever the heck they were....

Now faxing the ill-affordable Health and Safety Plan to them---bout 260,427 pages...

Re: I used the fax to give the confuse to that

Jun 9, 2014, 9:21 PM

wrong fax....

you mean FACTS?????

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic