Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Hope?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,050

ACC Hope?

Jan 27, 2020, 3:15 AM

Could it be possible moving the hope of the ACC is the transfer portal? Miami is making big moves (not sure if it will capitalize) and FSU and V tech might be able to do the same. Might make us a mercenary league but could be a path back to an entertaining regular season

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami is a joke

Jan 27, 2020, 3:24 AM

They took in D'Eric King. Dana Holgerson comes to Houston, the cougars lose 3 games and all of a sudden D'Eriq King decides he wants to redshirt and come back next year. Then he transfers to Miami.

That, along with the stupid turnover chain that comes out even if you're losing by 40 lets me know exactly the kind of coaching staff they have at Miami. That program is in way worse shape than FSU is.

He fits in well at Miami where he will be allowed to do whatever he wants, as long as he puts up stats on Saturdays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shalala ran the program into the ground...

Jan 27, 2020, 9:41 AM

before leaving to join Billary Clinton's staff and then becoming a professional politician herself.

Shalala wanted the big bucks a quality football program generated but without a return to Miami's renegade image from the 80s. The days of recruiting a bunch of mouthy thugs and gangbangers was over. In fact, she wanted to distance the University from that image and effectively made it know to those former players that they were not welcome on the sidelines.

Not sure things are going to be very much, if any, different under Julio Frenk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ACC Hope?

Jan 27, 2020, 11:11 AM

I think the best way for a mediocre program to rise is to recruit smartly and develop players well so that your program benefits for their entire 3 or 4 years (sound familiar ?). It may be a slower process, but getting even very good players for a single year sounds hard and risky - check out LSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,050
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic