Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats.

Jul 21, 2014, 11:57 AM

Cole Stoudt

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/202534/

Hutson Mason

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/192187/

Stat I found interesting was the QB rating ( passing ). Shows Stoudt with marked improvements every season and Mason sliding back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hard stat to judge.

Jul 21, 2014, 12:05 PM

Mason had to play in legit games. Stoudt has always worked mop up duty in blow outs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats.

Jul 21, 2014, 12:09 PM

Never mind Stoudts stats were amassed in mop-up duty. With all due respect Cole has never started a game...........and never started a game versus a 1st team defense.........especially one in Sanford Stadium.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mason has never seen a pass rush like Murray saw last year

Jul 21, 2014, 12:12 PM

in Death Valley. Our D-line is back....as in instead of We Too Deep, they need to change it to We Three Deep.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

The sound of Sanford stadium after Cole's first drive....

Jul 21, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

Crickets

Message was edited by: TonyTigerblood®

And me!***

Jul 21, 2014, 5:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where can I find those stats? Are they in the same places

Jul 21, 2014, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

that the Coots keep track of moral victories?

Jul 21, 2014, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

Keep in mind that Nebraska was a pretty bad team last year, and a 129 QB rating (against UN) speaks poorly of his skills(?).

Jul 21, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

Last time I checked the fans aren't allowed to come out of the stands and make tackles u act like Sanford Stadium is gonna make your team the Seattle Seahawks and Stout should fear for his life! COME ON MAN!

Jul 21, 2014, 3:29 PM

We won't be sitting on our hands when clem has the ball. Stoudt and his Oline will have difficulty with the snap-counts and audibles I assure you. Nothing like a little confusion when your starting your 1st road game.

Jul 21, 2014, 4:06 PM

Come on SD ... You know better ...

- We lost one (1) skill position on O therefore we are weak. (Quarterback)On top of us getting back talent that was injured last year.
- They stopped Gurley and think they are going to do it again ... {Clear Throat} Stopped him after he had his biggest game all year ... but that does not count, because if you take away his biggest to plays ... they stopped him.
- They lost three (3) in skill positions on O and all of their replacements are going to be all world. (QB, WR, RB)
- HM's starts and stats are trash. He is horrible, just horrible, because he did not have SC State (among others) to pad his stats. Only throwing two passes against a starting D last year - that's two.
- Their QB, though he has never started a game or had sufficient play against a starting D, is the best they have ever had. Many T-netters have already thrown Boyd under the bus ... and backed up over him.
- We lost talent on D over the offseason by addressing problems, but it really does not matter that we are putting more experienced talent on the field (week 1) than we did last year.
- Clemson's D line (which is going to be really good) is going to win this game all by themselves. Our LB corp is in line with the level of talent, experience, and stats as their O line ... but, but, but ...
- They too deep ... (the most important factor in determining how this game will go.)

I am NOT saying Georgia is going to kick butt and take names later ... matter of fact quite the opposite. It will be a hard fought game and I am glad that we are at home.

I love the humor on this board, but sometimes it's really hard to tell who is kidding, who is trolling, and who is drinking the kool-aide !

SUPERDAWG51 get your facts straight!

Jul 21, 2014, 5:25 PM

CitadelDawg84 this one is for you....

“What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Thank you, and my God does love me very much ...

Jul 21, 2014, 5:32 PM

because I love Him so!

Jul 21, 2014, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

Good thing Clemson uses silent signals.

If I have to hear one more time how crowd noise will affect Clemson's offensive plan, I might start shouting "HUT HUT HUT" in my frickin sleep.

Especially when they said they wouldn't have confusion

Jul 21, 2014, 4:11 PM

at DV.

Hey, we're all pumping our own team, but I don't see why someone would use an argument they discounted last year as their own the next year.

Clemson

DV

Jul 21, 2014, 4:19 PM

Was a big factor in the game last year ... probably the most "disturbing" that I have personally seen ... Hats off to the Tiger fan base ...

Just as I'm sure Sanford will go hoarse with last year's

Jul 21, 2014, 4:33 PM

memories

Clemson

Re: Just as I'm sure Sanford will go hoarse with last year's

Jul 21, 2014, 4:37 PM

Don't think a 3 point loss will freeze this team or its fan base.

Sorry, meant they'd go hoarse from yelling, much like

Jul 21, 2014, 5:22 PM

our fans did last year. I expect a rowdy audience between the hedges.

And don't think out team will rest on 3-pt. laurels ;)

Clemson

Re: Sorry, meant they'd go hoarse from yelling, much like

Jul 21, 2014, 5:56 PM

I miss understood ... I know your team would not rest on the 3 points. CDS is much too good of a coach ... fans - now that's another story. We all get emotionally involved and lose a little of a grip of the game ...

Jul 21, 2014, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

There is not an offensive system, at any level, that is not disrupted by crowd noise. Even with a QB that is starting his first game.

Jul 21, 2014, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

awwww shucks! I was thinking clemson would be at a disadvantage when they had the ball.........i guess we can holler after we score.

Just don't celebrate too hard...don't want another injury***

Jul 21, 2014, 5:23 PM

Clemson

Re: Just don't celebrate too hard...don't want another injury***

Jul 21, 2014, 5:56 PM

Never seen a season ending injury for that before ... hope to never again!

We run the HUNH, you moron, so snap counts won't be an issue

Jul 21, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

you sound as dumb as a coot.

Calling me a "moron" - Great Post! Gave you a thumbs up!***

Jul 21, 2014, 8:54 PM

Your first team defense has all been kicked off the team

Jul 21, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

And he's practiced against a second team defense for years!

Athletes

Jul 21, 2014, 6:35 PM

Jeremy Pruitt after spring practice.....

"Where's the athletes"?

.... " we got two great running backs and a wide reciever "

"Ughhh.... Where's the TUMS...? And I am going home to Sugar Britches!"

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did some research about defense from last year

Jul 21, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

Since the only games you bring up are Georgia Tech and Nebraska, I thought I'd see how they stacked up against Clemson last year. These are the defenses only

Score(Points against) First Downs Turnovers Rushing yds/gm Passing yds/gm Yards/play Penalties
Clem 22.5 17.92 2.31 155.69 201 5.03 6.54
GT 22.85 19.69 1.54 115.77 244 5.52 5.85
NB 24.85 20.08 1.38 156.15 214 5.21 4.54
NCAA Avg 28.54 20.89 1.71 172.26 232.93 5.67 5.68

To me, Clemson leads every category except Rushing yards allowed and penalties. Nebraska was last in half of these. So I would think that this will truly be Mason's first real test, and most of our defense is returning (certainly the strength of it is). I know, I know...Hutson has started an entire two games...but despite the comfort he'll feel at home, I'm sure he'll notice a difference in the DL he faces.

Clemson

Well, that table looks terrible

Jul 21, 2014, 12:59 PM

Oh well, you're all smart people, you can figure it out

Clemson

Well let's compare Mason to a QB who has started a few in

Jul 21, 2014, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

Sanford Stadium. Discounting his Senior year to to make it more equal still shows Mason has much work to do.

https://uga.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=411086

He played absolutely atrocious against Nebraska...

Jul 21, 2014, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: A tale of two QBs. Stoudt and Mason carrer stats. ]

and Nebraska is just above average team. And don't bring up the injuries as excuse. The injuries had nothing to do with the terrible decision making Mason made that game.

In all my years of watching Georgia football ...

Jul 21, 2014, 8:45 PM

I have never been as frustrated as how the whole team played in that game. It was like they had finally quit after everything that happened throughout the year.

Mason did show me a bit in that performance with 320 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int. Nothing to brag about, but I would not say he cost Georgia the game. Usually when a QB has terrible decision making he will have less yards and more interceptions. As more of a pocket passer he sure did a lot of running around in that game. Not a good situation, but hopefully will make him a little bit better player.

Re: He played absolutely atrocious against Nebraska...

Jul 21, 2014, 9:18 PM [ in reply to He played absolutely atrocious against Nebraska... ]

did you factor in the terrible weather? Mason threw for 320 yards in it.

Jul 21, 2014, 1:36 PM

That really means nothing. Cole has played one time against a starting defense, and that was against Georgia Tech...a game in which he threw twice, and we were already winning by 17 points.

I believe Cole's ready to step in, but stat comparisons mean nothing between these two.

Thanks fo' the info, TR.***

Jul 21, 2014, 9:49 PM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic