Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A special message to Mike Tomlin
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,612

A special message to Mike Tomlin

Sep 25, 2017, 12:22 PM

That's USA soil your team is playing on. Leave now. And never come back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder what the late..........

Sep 25, 2017, 12:40 PM

Mr. Rooney and his father would think of what the Steelers did yesterday?

Re: I wonder what the late..........

Sep 25, 2017, 12:50 PM

What power does he have? He took the easy way out and avoided 30 guys kneeling. Kind of smart as a coach if you ask me. Btw, I do not condone the kneeling but last I checked, we live in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Everyone has the opportunity to free speech. I don't have to agree with their cause to appreciate their right to this. Everyone should read and understand American history to realize this.

Calling out Villneuva was stupid

Sep 25, 2017, 4:15 PM

a veteran who served 3 tours, he above anyone on that team has the right to choose what to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A special message to Mike Tomlin

Sep 25, 2017, 12:46 PM

Mike Tomlin reads TigerNet? Seems everyone is on the Tiger bandwagon! ??

What does this have to do with Clemson football?***

Sep 25, 2017, 12:47 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

I'm a little unsure of the motive?

Sep 25, 2017, 12:47 PM

Did he keep the team in there and, like you alluded to, show a tremendous amount of disrespect to the country that has allowed him to be in the position he's in and a country who has very fought very hard to preserve that right for people of all colors, or did he keep them in there trying to avoid any controversy with having some players kneel (like ignorant morons)?

Re: He's a political operative, period.

Sep 25, 2017, 2:56 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/282736-steelers-coach-to-host-clinton-fundraiser%3famp

Re: He's a political operative, period.

Sep 25, 2017, 5:25 PM

Donald Trump might finally have crossed the line.

Appearing on Saturday at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, the real estate mogul took his running feud with Arizona Sen. John McCain to a new level.

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

The remarks, which came after days of back-and-forth between McCain and Trump, were met with scattered boos.

McCain, a former Navy pilot, spent roughly five-and-half years in a notorious North Vietnamese prison known as the “Hanoi Hilton,” where he was repeatedly tortured. He spent two of those years in solitary confinement.

At a press availability following his remarks, Trump denied saying that McCain isn’t a war hero and said, “If somebody’s a prisoner, I consider them a war hero.”

He also continued his attacks on the Arizona senator, saying, “I think John McCain’s done very little for the veterans. I’m very disappointed in John McCain.”
ADVERTISING

ALSO ON POLITICO
Trump brings his bluster to Bill Clinton's hometown
ANNIE KARNI
Trump received four student deferments from military service between 1964 and 1968. In Ames, he told reporters another medical deferment he received after graduating was for a bone spur in his foot. When asked which foot, Trump told reporters to look up the records.

In a follow-up statement sent to reporters, Trump again declined to apologize, calling McCain “yet another all talk, no action politician who spends too much time on television and not enough time doing his job.”

Trump’s fellow Republican presidential candidates quickly distanced themselves from his remarks — with a few notable exceptions.

“Enough with the slanderous attacks,” Jeb Bush tweeted. “@SenJohnMcCain and all our veterans - particularly POWs have earned our respect and admiration.”

“John McCain is an American hero. I have nothing but respect for his service to our country,” tweeted Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal. “After Donald Trump spends six years in a POW camp, he can weigh in on John McCain’s service,” he added in a second tweet.

”.@SenJohnMcCain is an American hero & all POW’s deserve our nation’s highest debt of gratitude. @realDonaldTrump’s comments are disgraceful,” tweeted former Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

“As a fellow veteran I respect @SenJohnMcCain because he volunteered to serve his country. I cannot say the same about Mr. @realDonaldTrump,” Perry added. He then called in a statement for Trump to drop out of the race.

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, a close friend of McCain’s, tweeted, “If there was ever any doubt that @realDonaldTrump should not be our commander in chief, this stupid statement should end all doubt.” He added: “At the heart of @realDonaldTrump statement is a lack of respect for those who have served - a disqualifying characteristic to be president.”

At a campaign event in Sioux City, Iowa, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker called McCain “an American hero.” At a press gaggle afterwards, he said of Trump, “I unequivocally denounce him.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, not USA soil. It's owned by

Sep 25, 2017, 5:14 PM

Sports & Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't you be happier in NK or Russia where there...

Sep 25, 2017, 5:30 PM

is less freedom, someplace where protests get crushed and people are jailed?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,612
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic