Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A new seating concept Clemson should consider
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

A new seating concept Clemson should consider

Jul 17, 2014, 11:48 AM

Every year, especially during downtime there are arguments about standing vs sitting and when to yell and basic stadium etiquette. Soccer stadiums will typically have a section called the "supporters section" where the most fanatical of fans sit and they are constantly loud and performing cheers and other antics. Clemson should borrow this concept and create what would essentially be a student section for non students where everyone stands the entire game is always loud and you don't have to worry about the older gentlemen behind you saying "could you please sit down I would like to watch the game" I think this would help vault Clemson forward in stadium atmosphere and start a trend I think all major Universities will jump on-board with.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uhhhh...

Jul 17, 2014, 11:56 AM

wouldn't that be the hill? It is a general admission area so not just students can sit there.

Re: A new seating concept Clemson should consider

Jul 17, 2014, 11:57 AM

I guess I'm ultra-coordinated since I have so many years of practice, but I can yell really loud and clap too while seated. ;)

Seriously - older people do stand and cheer. Old, ancient Country Gentleman does. If people in front of me stand - I stand too. I'll never ask someone to sit down (well - never a Clemson fan).

Where would you suggest they put the "Supporters Section"? The seat equity program will make it very difficult.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

its not just the sitting vs standing

Jul 17, 2014, 12:09 PM

its recreating the student section enthusiasm. And the decision about where to put it is up to Clemson. The idea of having "your seat" and it never going away complicates this issue but its a definite improvement to the atmosphere. It just depends on if Clemson values improving the atmosphere.

I've got the perfect area of the stadium for you ...

Jul 17, 2014, 1:43 PM

the top corners of the upper decks.
---
There is no way you are going to be able to confiscate entire sections of the stadium from IPTAY members who have paid their dues for years.
---
I'm pretty sure that the dues from IPTAY members has helped create a better atmosphere than your little band of wannabe students ever could because they actually help field the team.
---
No scholarships, no team (or at least not a competitive one). And remember, CHAMPIONSHIPS BEGIN WITH SCHOLARSHIPS (which begin with IPTAY member's $$$).

Jul 17, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: A new seating concept Clemson should consider ]

AMEN!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2014, 11:57 AM

I think the people who stand up, don't cheer, and only stand up to watch the others around them cheer should sit down or go knit. Those that want to stand are more than welcome to it if they are making noise..

Great idea

Jul 17, 2014, 12:04 PM

I hate sitting at football games and there is nothing worse than feeling obligated to sit because the people behind you choose to sit.

Fortunately at Carolina we have the ramps and I generally stand there. I just don't see how you can sit when there during a game. All the tension in the body makes it unbearable to sit still.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Great idea

Jul 17, 2014, 12:58 PM

First ### coot I have ever gave a TU, and now I feel dirty.:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great idea

Jul 17, 2014, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Great idea ]

FORTUNATELY YOU HAVE RAMPS. LMFAO

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they should just do away with seats all together.

Jul 17, 2014, 12:30 PM

Maybe have a giant mosh pit where you can prove the intensity of your fanhood. Everybody else can DIAF.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 17, 2014, 12:51 PM

Yes, I also think that their should be a handicap section for the people who refuse to stand, cheer, and actually be that 12th man on the field for the team. If our Team and Coaches were ask, what gives the team that extra energy in a game. The fans calmly sitting down and just watching the game OR, the fans on their feet yelling, cheering, and rocking the stadium. I'll BET that every coach, and every player would say the fans on their feet yelling, cheering and Rocking the stadium for our team. If a fan just wants to sit and watch the game with no body around them being that 12th man, they are selling some really nice 60 inch TV's that has mute and zoom. The quite fan want miss a thing during the whole game. I'll be 63 November 27th, and I'm still a on my feet yelling, screaming, cheering fan. And I will never apologize for enjoying my stadium experience by doing my part as the 12th man. I don't use alcohol, smoke, or use abusive language at the games. But I will be the very best 12th man fan for our Clemson FB team that I can possibly be. When I get to old for that, I will retire to one of those nice 60 inch big screen TVs at home. I won't be in the stadium causing problems for the others being that 12th man in the stadium that should be without a doubt, ROCKING Death Valley.

The Hill would be the perfect place.....go with it.***

Jul 17, 2014, 1:46 PM

When you pay for a seat you also pay for a place to...

Jul 17, 2014, 2:18 PM

put your feet. If the guy behind me asks me to sit down I will converse long enough to explain that to him. I'm always polite and expect the same from those behind me.

For those who can't stand I recommend handicap seating. Until they change the rules I'll stand when I can't sit. Some of you know what I mean.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2014, 2:26 PM

The idea of standing forever is BS promulgated by fans who have not been to many games yet. I would bet my ring those who talk about standing as the mark of a great fan and as something worthwhile will sit before attending, cheering, and supporting the Tigers as long and as enthusiastically as many of us older, more experienced Tigers.

When you young standers are able to have the game stopped at someone else's field because you are too loud, talk to those of us who have been there, done that.

In the meantime sit a bit and be polite.

And for goodness sakes do not suggest we need to follow some odd soccer lead.

Harley

I agree with Harley

Jul 17, 2014, 2:58 PM

Yeah, I get up when it is third down or when the Tigers are close to scoring but to stand and block every play because it makes you more of a fan than me..BULL! I like to sit and watch the game and when the time comes for me to be loud and supportive, I am up cheering. Be respectful to others or go in the grass.

It's just common sense and common courtesy.***

Jul 17, 2014, 3:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Clap, clap, clap!!!!***

Jul 17, 2014, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: A new seating concept Clemson should consider ]

Amen. Getting on your feet and being loud and crazy is

Jul 17, 2014, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: A new seating concept Clemson should consider ]

all part of the fun and does create an awesome atmosphere, and that is exactly what you want on your home field. I endorse that 100%.

What is sheer stupidity, however, is the notion that all fans should stand the whole game, or that doing so is some kind of proof of just how great of a fan someone is, or that people who don't or can't should either be in the handicapped section or just stay home.

- H. L. Mencken

Yep, I second that and I'm still

Jul 17, 2014, 3:37 PM

hoarse after each game. If I stood and screamed the entire time, my voice wouldn't make it past the first qtr.

This is one major reason I prefer our "bad" seats

Jul 17, 2014, 3:36 PM

on the rail in UT. I can stand all game without blocking anyone's view.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic