Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Sad Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,155

A Sad Day

Jun 4, 2015, 2:35 PM

Today marks a very sad day in Tiger Town. 21 out of 22 years to the NCAA's, We go crazy when basketball even SNIFFS March Madness...NCAA and MLB allow players to be drafted out of HS, and 7 went for the best available talent, not just what was easy. I am proud to say that I was a Tiger during 7's tenure, and will always think of him fondly. He was classy on and off the field, and I am terribly disappointed in today's announcement...I hope that Coach Brownell does not read the paper or watch the news...He will be scared to death...MBB couldn't even get to the NIT this season...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, Where the Tigers play...

Re: A Sad Day

Jun 4, 2015, 2:42 PM

Basketball and Baseball are held to different standards at Clemson.

Comparing the two programs and their current ceilings is pretty dumb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 4, 2015, 3:16 PM

huh...you're right it is dumb...baseball as a non-revenue generating sport should be held to a LOWER standard than basketball and the revenue in which it is not generating...also let's look at salaries...Brownell costs more than Leggett...Shall we compare costs per win?!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, Where the Tigers play...

Jun 4, 2015, 2:45 PM

I am sad to see Clemson baseball and Leggett separate also. I hope Leggett can find another opportunity to coach elsewhere. For Clemson baseball, it is an opportunity for someone else who wants to come in and win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2015, 3:25 PM

It is sad that a once proud program had to fire the coach. It's sad that this program lost 29 games this season and has only won 1 regional game in 3 years. It's sad that we were the last team in the tournament and really didn't deserve that.

Jun 4, 2015, 3:38 PM

I hope Brownell does read this. When an ACC team can't sniff the NIT, there's a problem. He needs to start winning big or be fired too.

Not really.***

Jun 4, 2015, 5:56 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,155
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic