Topic: A BIG WEEKEND
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 1, 2020 8:09 AM by: 76er®
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

A BIG WEEKEND

[21]
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 8:55 PM

My daughter and I spent the weekend at "THE FARM" with my other daughter and her husband, three grandchildren and five great grands. The occasion was to celebrate my oldest grandson's 40th. birthday anniversary. No one lives at the farm regularly but it belongs to my son-in-law and the grandss and great grands go there regularly. There are eight bedrooms and seven baths so all of the group can stay there. One grandson is an avid hunter and has planted five acres of sunflowers and some corn to feed the doves. There are plenty of deer in the area plus a few wild turkeys. Always have a grand time there.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

2020 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg

I trust "The Farm" . . .

[2]
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 9:09 PM

has a creek, stream or pond on it somewhere . . . Heaven on Earth, sounds like!!!

2020 white level member

Re: A BIG WEEKEND

[4]
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 9:53 PM

No place like “The Farm” in the country ....Home sweet home for me and my family .....thank you God for not putting me in a city.......Go Tigers!!!!

Re: A BIG WEEKEND

[4]
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 6:20 AM

We have a small cabin here in the mountains that my Granddad built in 1931. Nothing fancy, but many memories abound!
Take care Joe!

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Class of '87

Joe, Do you remember hand picking cotton on the farm? We

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 8:09 AM

still did some of that in my early years, and my dad made me get in the fields and help the hired hands. NO, I didn't really want to go. Picking cotton is hard work, and very prickly as well. I found out real quick why the "professionals" who had been doing this awhile wore gloves with only the ends of the fingers cut off. No doubt we are the last generation, at least in the US, that will ever have that memory. Some things are NOT nostalgic. :)

ps. In my later teen years, the price of cotton had fallen off so badly that my dad quit planting it, going with only corn, wheat, and soybeans in the farm rotation. This did not make me unhappy at all!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
1508 people have read this post