Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Academic Ranking - US News and World Report
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Clemson Academic Ranking - US News and World Report

Sep 11, 2012, 11:25 PM

2013 Rankings are out tomorrow. I hope we reach our Top 20 Goal. We were 25th last year. Predictions?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2012, 11:27 PM

this is Clemson after all

Sep 11, 2012, 11:48 PM

The deuce is loose!!!

You mean for a public school....***

Sep 12, 2012, 1:20 AM

Re: Clemson Academic Ranking - US News and World Report

Sep 12, 2012, 2:41 AM

Inside Clemson email from 12:01:

Clemson named a top 25 public university

Clemson University ranks 25th among national public institutions, according to U.S.News & World Report’s annual guide to “America’s Best Colleges.”

Additionally, Clemson ranks 7th among “up-and-coming schools” that have made “the most promising and innovative changes in academics, faculty, students, campus or facilities.” The university also is recognized for writing in the disciplines.

“It’s significant to be ranked among the nation’s top 25 public universities for the fifth consecutive year. It reflects the high quality of Clemson students, faculty, staff and alumni, and the high value of a Clemson education,” said Clemson President James F. Barker.

Recognition for “writing in the disciplines” highlights outstanding academic programs commonly linked to student success. Clemson consistently receives recognition for making writing a priority at all levels of instruction and across the curriculum. Clemson was identified as one of 21 colleges and universities in the nation that make writing a priority across all disciplines.

Clemson was ranked #58 in engineering schools among all institutions, public and private, whose highest degree is a doctorate.

“Prospective students and their parents are sensitive to these rankings, and they play a factor in student recruitment,” said Robert Barkley, director of undergraduate admissions at Clemson. “They become aware of Clemson’s strong academic reputation and commitment to student success. Being recognized as one of the top universities in the nation helps us compete for top students and enhances the value of the Clemson degree.”

The 2013 Best Colleges guidebook is available online and at newsstands.

Sep 12, 2012, 2:43 AM

http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2012.html
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2011-2012/north-america.html
http://www.topuniversities.com/institution/clemson-university
That's good, because your composite rankings have taken a #### in the last 5 years. Only top ten program in the world Clemson offers is Ag sciences. Even USC has IB, marine science, virology, and nuclear engineering as top ten programs in the world.

Sep 12, 2012, 3:12 AM

Might want to recheck your facts on credible websites:
Marine Science--http://www.usnews.com/education/worlds-best-universities-rankings/best-universities-earth-and-marine-sciences

Virology--such a specific major doesn't matter

Nuclear Engineering--I unfortunately was financially forced to attend GT in Atlanta and one of my pledge brothers' tuition is being paid by the state of SC by a program that sends kids to out of state schools with Nuclear Engineering since, as he tells me, there is no school in SC to offer such a degree. However, didn't find any such "Top 10" ranking as you mentioned.

IB--Congratulations, that's the only positive thing your university has been known for in its history!

Lastly, don't throw some bogus rankings from iratecolleges.com to justify your ridiculous theory that Columbia Community College is anywhere close to a good university. As a GA resident and son of Clemson grads, everyone knows that if you don't get into Clemson or UGA, you go to CCC aka South Carolina. I know kids that didn't get into Ole Miss that went to S Carolina! Instead, be proud that the state of SC has a highly ranked PUBLIC university to keep your smarter kids in-state. And while you're at it, tell 'em to cut down on their prices so kids like me don't have to deal with all these Asians and Equations everyday!

Go Tigers!

While we're pulling up any ranking we can find...

Sep 12, 2012, 7:27 AM

This one doesn't even list the VirusCocks (aka Virology):
http://www.gradschools.com/search-programs/virology

It doesn't even have a nuclear engineering category:
http://www.gradschools.com/search-programs/term-nuclear-engineering

Can't find USC on the first two pages for International Business:
http://www.gradschools.com/search-programs/campus-programs/international-business/masters?PageNo=2

(Unless it's swamp marine science vs. ocean marine science).

Same with marine science as well:
http://www.gradschools.com/search-programs/marine-ocean-sciences?PageNo=3

Yep, rockin' the rankings.

Clemson #25, USC #55.....

Sep 12, 2012, 4:18 AM

Clemson University ranks 25th among national public universities according to U.S.News & World Report and ranks 11th among both private and public schools. Clemson is the top choice of the state's best high school graduates. Nearly half of Clemson's incoming freshmen ranked in the top 10 percent of their high school class.

The University of South Carolina ranks 55th among national public universities, according to U.S. News & World Report.

Among national universities, Clemson University ranked 68th, while the University of South Carolina ranked 115th.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

Re: Clemson #25, USC #55.....

Sep 12, 2012, 8:44 AM

How in the HE## did USuC rank that high?

must have been those Clowney high school averages that pulled them up

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2012, 7:46 AM

South Carolina does far more research. Clemson leads primarily in undergraduate rankings (Average SAT and student/faculty ratio specifically).

Sep 12, 2012, 8:38 AM

Wow lord forbid a school focus on the 90% of students on campus instead of the 10%. Just because you do more research doesn't make you anything special. You do have twice the faculty of Clemson and I am sure all your professors claim to do research of some sort. Clemson does for more important and nationally recognized research.

null

Sep 12, 2012, 1:40 PM

Just pointing out the differences in approaches. I'll give some other examples. Right now I'm working on applying to grad schools for History (want to be a history professor). USC offers an MA and a PhD, Clemson offers just an MA (which isn't specialized or field specific). Also, Clemson doesn't even have a classics department and doesn't offer either Greek or Latin.

Clemson certainly has higher average test scores and more resources for undergraduate students. They have many excellent undergraduate programs too. But USC offers a lot of opportunities that Clemson simply doesn't because we are a much larger research institution.

Sep 12, 2012, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Academic Ranking - US News and World Report ]

Subtract your law school and medical school and where do the two rank as far as research dollars?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I hope we beat FSU next week. Wait, what was the question?***

Sep 12, 2012, 7:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic