Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#1 & 2 hole hitters might as well
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,309

#1 & 2 hole hitters might as well

Apr 15, 2016, 7:03 PM

Be 8&9

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #1 & 2 hole hitters might as well

Apr 15, 2016, 9:19 PM

The law of averages caught up with Renwick at DH. Was hitting .141 for the season and got one of the two hits thus far. Appears Lee has no confidence in giving anyone else an extended shot there other than Jolly who's hitting about .220

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: #1 & 2 hole hitters might as well

Apr 16, 2016, 9:34 PM

That has been the problem all year long. When you give a hitter 3-4 at bats every 4-5 games it is doing nobody any good! You should let a DH play 5-6 consecutive games and if they don't get the job done give the next guy a shot. This lefty-righty matchup stuff does not work. The benefit of the lefty-righy matchup is more than offset by a DH not seeing enough pitches to get any rhythm! Jolly is like 0 for his last 15 at bats but he has not played an entire game during that period of time! The reason there are about 5-6 players batting .200 and below is exactly that reason. The hardest role in baseball is a pinch hitter because you might get 1-2 at bats every several games! Cannot look at batting average of these guys because they have not seen enough live pitching! Sucks for them and does nothing good for team to take this approach! Just my opinion never seen that work ever!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,309
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic