Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
***BREAKING NEWS***
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 450

***BREAKING NEWS***

Nov 6, 2018, 8:59 AM

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/charlotte-based-bojangles-to-be-sold-deal-to-close-early-2019/867558150?fbclid=IwAR1nThFJfRRRK3Y6gkstbW4sVaK_GD64dzPm3dfVrMlVUwQ7LYU9FC5n87A

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as the rice stays DIRTY***

Nov 6, 2018, 9:03 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the sunny BS spin when a company is taken over by

Nov 6, 2018, 9:11 AM

a venture capital firm.

Here's what happened. They went public in 2015. Around that time they upgraded all of their stores to look all nice and clean, and very Chic-Fil-Aesque. What they didn't do was change a single thing INSIDE the place. Service is still slow. It's not well run. They're out of stuff a lot. Just not good. Now, with all the debt from remodeling their stores and changing nothing else, and service actually getting WORSE, they're in financial trouble. The income from going public has run out. They failed to improve their personnel or their product, or their service. They put lipstick on a pig.

Chic-fil-a still owns fast food. And there's a reason for that. I once waited 10 minutes in a Chic-Fil-A drive thru. Was VERY uncharacteristic. When I got to the window they gave me my food, apologized profusely for the wait, and didn't charge me a penny. Take notes people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there's not much value in the real estate,

Nov 6, 2018, 9:20 AM

nor in the cheap stores that can be built from green field in a month. So either the venture capital fixes whats wrong with Bojangles services and offers some additional value to customers, or they lose their money when they sell it again for .50 on the dollar.

I doubt there's much money to squeeze out of the operation from an opex perspective, so the only real money can be made from service and quality improvements, and additional sale revenue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo. They look pretty now. Service and quality still

Nov 6, 2018, 9:25 AM

sux. Typical backwards corporate thinking. All their IPO money should have gone for better salaries, better benefits, better employee training, better standards, better overall service. Chic-Fil-A had all that in place THEN made their stores pretty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My point was there's only one way to go with that

Nov 6, 2018, 9:27 AM

franchise, and that's up, unless the venture capital firm just wants to lose money. So its a win for people who like their food.

And they better not change the sweet tea formula.

You mean the tea-flavored simple syrup they sell?

Nov 6, 2018, 9:31 AM

Yeah, that's like liquefied candy. I hope they turn it around. Because I liked Bojangles better when their stores looked crappy and dirty.

Is this like Bad Take Tuesday or something?

Nov 6, 2018, 9:35 AM

Because you're full of them today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glass is half-empty this morning.

Nov 6, 2018, 9:37 AM

I'm in a mood. Must be that time of the month. Probably all this election stress. lol

the Chic-Fil-A nearest me routinely takes more than

Nov 6, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Love the sunny BS spin when a company is taken over by ]

10 minutes in the drive thru. But, thats based on extremely high demand. they do their best though by hiring people with ipads to take orders so that you don't have to wait until you get to the speaker.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't they do that at all of them now?***

Nov 6, 2018, 9:29 AM

I have no idea.***

Nov 6, 2018, 9:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. And in Lexington they're building a whole new one

Nov 6, 2018, 9:36 AM

right next to the old one because demand was too high. Bigger kitchen, longer and better drive thru, bigger store. Place was becoming a traffic hazard.

Mt P been doing that for years

Nov 6, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Don't they do that at all of them now?*** ]

i always order from the app and do inside pickup, tell them i am there when on the way and have food waiting the minute i walk in.

20 cars in the Chic-Fil-A line doesn't scare me as much as

Nov 6, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to the Chic-Fil-A nearest me routinely takes more than ]

three in a Bojangles line.

Well dang

Nov 6, 2018, 9:15 AM

https://youtu.be/KKm_EgDI_-E

https://youtu.be/fe7mcLai5OM

"Durational Capital Management Coliseum" doesn't have the

Nov 6, 2018, 9:26 AM

same ring to it

Mark Richardson selling?

Nov 6, 2018, 9:32 AM

I think he owns about 40 Bojangles

I actually heard he WAS selling

Nov 6, 2018, 10:04 AM

so he could afford to buy an NFL team. But that could just be a rumor on Tigernet.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as my $5 gift card still works

Nov 6, 2018, 9:36 AM

I'm good.

Re: Must have been an omen

Nov 6, 2018, 10:18 AM

That I have been observing...half the trash I see in the road is Bojangles trash. Is it the people or the food?

Replies: 20
| visibility 450
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic