Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
football parent
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1,882
   | View Original Thread |

football parent

Aug 12, 2020, 1:22 PM

I am so sick of all these commissioners, gov officials, media members, etc. trying to act like they are the only thing standing between these evil money grabbing schools and players lives. Guess what.. a lot of them have parents/family members who can much better help them evaluate what is best for their sons.

On this subject i have actual skin in the game. My son plays at Furman. We have had numerous group emails, zoom meetings among the parents, coaches, etc. I would estimate over 90 percent of parents are in favor of playing!!I would bet with most teams across the country it would be a pretty similar vote. But somehow all these "officials" know what is best for us. I guess we are too stupid to protect our own sons. And for those that do not want to play it has been made 100 percent clear their scholarship will be honored and knowing the man Clay Hendrix is he would never hold it against a player who sat out. Each family's situation is unique and that is to be respected.

It is a no brainer that i would never let my son play if I thought he was in real danger. I have spent my whole life trying to protect him, coach his teams and mold him into a great young man. I would never in a million years place my son at risk just to play football, if i thought the risks were much greater than already exist to play football.

What I do know is that since he came home in March he has busted his butt to play to game he has played since he was in the 3rd grade. He got up every morning at 6:30 to run and condition. Then he took online classes, went to work and then lifted after work until 10 p.m. It is who he is.

We are sacrificing the chance for these young men to learn the life lessons of football. Of giving your best, discipline, grit, never giving up, all things that will make them better citizens, fathers, husbands, etc.

And of course at the P5 level there is no denying that avoiding lost revenues is part of the equation, but that does not change the fact that for most of these players they just want to play a game they have busted there a$$ to play almost there whole lives. These coaches see that too and that is why many of them have been so passionate about playing. Sure Dabo is happy to make 9 million but as we all know his real passion is making these guys into great young men. (he is going to get paid either way)

So for all of you "important people" that think i need you to protect my son ..Your are wrong. WE are fully capable. You can go back to worrying about liability and all the crap we will worry about making sure our sons are safe playing the game they love.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1,882
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic