Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Coots hoping to match last yrs record (6-6) can QB Mitch=Thompson's play?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 692

With Coots hoping to match last yrs record (6-6) can QB Mitch=Thompson's play?

Sep 4, 2015, 9:07 AM

I say "NO" since Thompson was a pretty good passer & ran on us back in 2012 game.. And right now the jury has to be out on whether Mitch is equal to the task.

If Mitch gets it done then I say Spur gets 6 wins somehow, and even with this accomplishment I wonder IF he will stay for the 2016 season unless he signs some big studs who can start immediately.

What say you?

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Follow me here............

Sep 4, 2015, 10:31 AM

They win:

Kentucky
UCF (lost to Florida Int. last night)
Vanderbilt (lost to Western Kentucky last night)
Citadel
Florida

I am being nice by giving them Kentucky and Florida but I am doing so for now for a few reasons: First, Kentucky is Kentucky and they play in Columbia. Kentucky will probably stack the box and force Mitch to throw, but by doing so do they have two who can cover Cooper? I don't know, so I am going to give this one to SC.

Florida will improve as the year goes on, but as of now I am sticking with my prediction of them struggling on Offense with the lack of play makers and little depth up front.

They lose:

Georgia
Missouri
LSU
Texas A&M
Tennessee
Clemson

They could beat Missouri if Missouri steps back. Furthermore, they could upset one team in this group under the right circumstances. If LSU is like last year's version than they are beatable. Clemson will have some issues to deal with concerning our depth at LB and if we can stay healthy at QB. Carolina's whole season comes down to the Clemson game b/c they are going to lose several games before then. If Clemson goes in there with the right mindset and executes, Clemson wins as we are the more talented team.

With all of this being said Carolina could lose to one of Kentucky or Florida but beat someone they are not expected to. The problem for them is that they are not going to be able to run their offense in a box like they did last night. Sooner or later a QB is going to have to be able to throw the ball a little. They are going to have to rely on their backs to do a lot by running, pass pro and being receivers. A back or two will go down with an injury. They also don't have a lot of threats at the WR position. Last night Carolina was fortunate as things went their way with recovering their own fumbles and the UNC's QB being stupid. Things won't bounce for them like this all of the time.

Carolina's schedule is not the 2nd most difficult in the nation. Kentucky will be average if things go well for them, UNC will go 7-5 at best and they don't play Clemson, Florida State or Louisville. Vandy is horrible. This will be UCF's worst season in five years and the Citadel is the Citadel. Also, Florida is not Florida yet and one of LSU and Texas A&M will not be as good as advertised.

In the end I say 7-5 at best, but probably 6-6.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had SCar beating UNC last night

Sep 4, 2015, 10:34 AM

and still going 6-6. People hoping for 0-12 need to calm down.

Good analysis.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: With Coots hoping to match last yrs record (6-6) can QB Mitch=Thompson's play?

Sep 4, 2015, 10:40 AM

Bill,

It was Mitch's first career start. He's got plenty of time to improve.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: With Coots hoping to match last yrs record (6-6) can QB Mitch=Thompson's play?

Sep 4, 2015, 10:42 AM

I think your bigger concern is lack of WRs.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

You need to get off of that Slurrier's a great coach chit

Sep 4, 2015, 10:41 AM

Every post of yours that I read, you are slobbering all over the old ba$####. If he was what you try to make him out to be, there'd be no way going into his 11th season at USuC with a roster as bad as this with no QB,

Read this and read it slowly, recruiting is part of being a great head coach.

Otherwise ,Have a Great Day Bill.

He was very good at Florida with Florida recruits, at USuC his best years were when everyone else was down, That's over now.

Replies: 5
| visibility 692
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic