Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When it comes to defense, who will...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

When it comes to defense, who will...

Jan 24, 2015, 8:10 PM

You miss the most? And likewise, who are you most excited to see on the field in 2015?

Just watched clips from the Scar and OU games. We were blessed with some outstanding players. This senior class should always be praised for bringing back that dominant Clemson D that we've been missing for so many years.

I'm going to miss all of these seniors. What great ambassadors of Clemson, both on and off the field. That said, I'm going to miss Mr. Grady Jarrett II the most. The passion and chip on the shoulder attitude he played with was so much fun to watch. He busted his ace every play and fought hard until the whistle was blown. He was a remarkable college football player and I'm looking forward to him proving his worth in the NFL. Keeping on battling, Grady!

Who will shine in 2015? I'm torn between Boulware and Alexander. I think both are studs and both might be my favs on d next season. Boulware is tough as nails and really started to thrive at lb when he got moved into the starting role. And Alexander, hard to believe that cat was only a freshman last season. Love the confidence and coverage skills he has. So those are my co-favorite defensive players for 2015.

What say ye, T-Net? Who will you miss the most from 2014 on D and who are you most excited to see play D for your Clemson Tigers in 2015?

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When it comes to defense, who will...

Jan 24, 2015, 8:15 PM

I'm gonna miss Jarrett and Anthony the most personally. The two that I can't wait to see turned loose are Register and Pagano.

Jan 24, 2015, 8:17 PM

And of course Ben and Mac will shine as they did in 2014.

Jan 24, 2015, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: When it comes to defense, who will... ]

Fine selections! Still p!ssed Anthony couldn't play the entirety of his last game. Stupid refs.

~JKB

Vic Beasley, the All-American***

Jan 24, 2015, 8:16 PM

Re: Vic Beasley, the All-American***

Jan 24, 2015, 8:23 PM

Will always remember the Louisville game and his TD score that gave him the sack record at Clemson. I bout jumped out of my skin watching it due to the excitement!

~JKB

Grady Jarrett hands down..

Jan 24, 2015, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Vic Beasley, the All-American*** ]

He set the tone and allowed others to reap the benefits by being so disruptive in the middle. Excited for Carlos Watkins now that he should be fully recovered and back from his car accident. He is no GJ, but will be make a name for himsefl. Also extremely excited to see the youngsters in Korie Rogers and Chris Register - I think they are going to be beasts!

Re: Grady Jarrett hands down..

Jan 24, 2015, 9:17 PM

Agreed. Leadership and grit. I'm Going to miss his effort.

Re: Grady Jarrett hands down..

Jan 24, 2015, 11:44 PM

Totally agree but I am biased, Grady has been my favorite since the day he set foot on campus. I have always been a root underdog type of guy and he showed heart and determination can make up for physical shortcomings. As far as next year goes, I want to see Shaq Lawson get his shot of being the man on the edge. The pass rush is where I see the defense lacking from the past 2 years. I am anxious to see if Lawson is the answer or who the next man up will be.

Two guys you don't hear often enough

Jan 24, 2015, 10:03 PM

Peters and Smith were really fun to watch this year. Both had been decent players but no one saw the kind of years they both had. Always great to see guys have a very special last year.

Grady, Vic, Anthony are exceptional, as were all the guys on defense.

Kearse and Lawson are going to be huge for the defense next year but football is the ultimate team sport so we have to get all 11 playing like this year's team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2015, 10:15 PM

H3ll I'm going miss all those seniors on D...

But I'm thrilled and excited about these unproven,but EXTREMELY talented players that are here already and coming in august...

We will NOT miss a beat!!!... MARK IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!

#SPOT THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beastly!

Jan 24, 2015, 10:20 PM

And I look forward to Alexander, as well as Fields learning from him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic