Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Washington bans credit scores for insurance rates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 671

Washington bans credit scores for insurance rates

Mar 29, 2021, 8:15 PM

for 3 years after Biden says the rona is not a problem any more. This makes things fair since certain people have bad credit.

https://www.insurance.wa.gov/credit-scoring-ban

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Using credit scores for auto insurance was put in place

Mar 29, 2021, 8:18 PM

Recently and only used to raise rates on those they couldn’t raise rates on because they had a pristine driving record. Insurers say people with lower credit scores are more apt to be bad drivers and that’s why they used it. It was a horse #### excuse to start using it and I hope it’s banned throughout the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Using credit scores for auto insurance was put in place

Mar 29, 2021, 9:57 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Washington bans credit scores for 3 years after Biden

Mar 29, 2021, 9:24 PM

pretty misleading headline there Neal.

Re: Washington bans credit scores for 3 years after Biden

Mar 30, 2021, 4:44 AM

I cleared in up for you since the following statement in the body of my post was misleading to you.

"Washington state Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler will propose a bill during the 2021 legislative session that will ban insurers' use of credit scores in auto, homeowners, renters and life insurance when setting rates."

Credit scores are dumb.***

Mar 30, 2021, 12:41 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Washington bans credit scores for insurance rates

Mar 30, 2021, 11:16 AM

Several comments:

They say: Insurers say that credit or insurance scores are blind to race or income,...

I wonder, even if they quote actual credit scores later in the article, if the issue is not a CLUE score. Are you familiar with the Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange? Everyone has a CLUE report, just like a credit report. It covers auto and home - two different reports. If you are ignorant of this, you should request a free one. This is a dirty little secret the insurance companies don't want to get out.

They say this: The most common reasons people struggle financially are due to events outside of their control. What kind of pathetic liberal, progressive BS idea is this?

https://clark.com/insurance/c-l-u-e-report-comprehensive-loss-underwriting/

Replies: 6
| visibility 671
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic