Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listening to books on tape since I drive a lot and I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 307

Listening to books on tape since I drive a lot and I

Mar 25, 2021, 11:48 AM

listened to Matthew McConaughy's book "Greenlights"

It's a great book with a lot of interesting life advice but late in the book he basically attributes his major life stage changes to a series of wet dreams.

Up to that point the book is really relatable as he grew up in a weird ### family and took a lot of bold chances early on in life, but then all of sudden he's dreaming about floating down the Amazon river surrounded by crocodiles and snakes and african bushmen when he jizzes his PJ's and decides to take a three month sabbatical to float down the Amazon on his back.

Then he does some more movies, has the same dream again, has to clean his sheets again, and he takes a three month sabbatical to Africa to wrestle the village wrestling champ of sub saharan africa.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whole thing begs a question.....

Mar 25, 2021, 11:49 AM

what vehicle do you own that still has a tape deck?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just use an old walkman***

Mar 25, 2021, 11:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yellow sports model?

Mar 25, 2021, 11:57 AM

please say yes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why, you want to buy it?***

Mar 25, 2021, 11:58 AM

mebbe.....I'm still working on Crass for his Ping BeCu's

Mar 25, 2021, 12:10 PM

first.

sign me up!

Mar 25, 2021, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Why, you want to buy it?*** ]

we had this in the back of my sisters car cause her radio didnt work. I was the DJ that had to switch between Def Leppard, AC/DC and Whitney Houston.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, you walking or driving?

Mar 25, 2021, 12:51 PM [ in reply to i just use an old walkman*** ]

this just doesn't make sense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

There is a lot to him that is down to earth and

Mar 25, 2021, 12:04 PM

straightforward. He loves Texas football (we can't all be Clemson fans). What I didn't know was this other aspect to his persona you just described, but I am not surprised. Gifted artists seem to look at life from a really different slant, often in a great way, sometimes a little out there.

I am making this up as I go, and I haven't read that book, but if I were take his river float and Maasai WWF match and normalize them, I might say that whenever we get stale it's probably because we are in a rut doing things we know and think we like. To get one's mind outside the rut, go do something totally different. Maybe, I don't know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I think that is 100% what he's doing...

Mar 25, 2021, 12:12 PM

or at least in those two instances. I think that could be described as one of his primary themes - getting outside of your comfort zone to really learn who you are.

He just started a youtube channel

Mar 25, 2021, 12:22 PM

I watched the first one, and he started with "all right, all right, all right!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read a rolling stone article about him a while back...

Mar 25, 2021, 12:28 PM

At his house in Hollywood which I think he has since sold, he had a collection of trailers that he had owned and lived in through his life up and down the hill in his backyard that had been renovated to be guest houses.

In the book, he talks about spending four years driving around the country with his dog and an airstream in his fully refurbished and customized GMC van with a hole cut out in the floor so he could #### while driving.

I've seen Henry Rollins' "Spoken Word" shows prolly

Mar 25, 2021, 12:33 PM [ in reply to There is a lot to him that is down to earth and ]

4-5 times, and he's similar. He wants to experience EVERYTHING, not just the easy, fun, luxurious stuff. He read like 20 years ago about the trans-Siberian railway, and learned that you could book travel on it. His agent asked him why he would do such a thing, and he said "just book it." -20 to -30 F, barely heated cars, piss frozen down the sides of the railcars because you had to take leaks out of the doors of the train, big burly Russian women yelling at the passengers at the stops as they chipped off frozen urine with hammers.

Said it was amazing, because of the sheer human experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder what dream he had that led him to want to be governor of Texas***

Mar 25, 2021, 1:01 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I wonder what dream he had that led him to want to be governor of Texas***

Mar 25, 2021, 1:30 PM

Or do those wacked Cadillac commercials

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 307
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic