Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Venables was worth every penny we paid for him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 714

Venables was worth every penny we paid for him

Oct 12, 2013, 9:10 PM

HE took over a team last year where a majority of the talent and experience was leaving for the NFL. He had rookiee DTs, unproven DEs, LBs that had yet to live up to their billing, and a secondary that was lacking talent.

We threw a lot of young men into the fire last year and as the year went along you could see the front 7 develop and if not for a string of injuries in the secondary we would have looked better against most of the pass happy teams we played.

This year even after losing out on Adams, RN, Daniels, C. Lawson, etc Venables took the players that actually wanted to come to Clemson and turned them into a dominate front.

When was the last time we were 4 deep at the DE position and 5 deep at DT? When was the last time we have LBs that lead the team in tackles and laid the wood every time they hit someone? Who would have every guessed that our secondary, even without Alexander, would be very solid if not a strength for our team?

We are getting at least 3 sacks a game, and lead the nation in TFL and are in the top 3 I believe in sacks. We have had at least one INT every game so far this year. We finally have a defense that puts the fear in opposing OCs and QBs to try and figure out how to stop the front 4 from being in their face all game and a secondary that is always around the ball.

Everyone gives Chad his due praise but he inherited a lot of talent and bringins in skill players has never been a problem for Clemson. Venables was given lemons and has made the best tasting lemonade I've every had.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is worth every penny

Oct 12, 2013, 9:12 PM

for getting him here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo and Brent are "team players" (coaches)

Oct 12, 2013, 9:17 PM

Dabo took a pay cut and Brent came in under a coach who got the HC job he interviewed for.

Love Both These Guys.

Go Tigers!!

Re: Venables was worth every penny we paid for him

Oct 12, 2013, 9:14 PM

Yeah I like how are defense is progressing and like who we have back on it next year. Should make the progression the offense will have next year (losing so many stars) a little easier.

Yeah we only lose Robinson, Shury, QC, and maybe Beasley***

Oct 12, 2013, 9:18 PM

Re: Yeah we only lose Robinson, Shury, QC, and maybe Beasley***

Oct 12, 2013, 9:20 PM

I was 50/50 on the hire, but I like being wrong. I guess things were just stale in Oklahoma.

They got punked by Texas of all people today***

Oct 12, 2013, 9:23 PM

Brooks/Hobby was not in OU

Oct 12, 2013, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah we only lose Robinson, Shury, QC, and maybe Beasley*** ]

I think Brent saw the 2 Stoopsz as running things their way (ala Sabanish) and he had an opportunity to showcase his way at Clemson.

Replies: 7
| visibility 714
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic