Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Win Is A Win....However Coach Elliott & Coach Scott .... ----
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,465

A Win Is A Win....However Coach Elliott & Coach Scott .... ----

Oct 31, 2016, 1:32 PM

.....Clemson have played some tough games this year. Some that shouldn't have been tough at all even if they did give Clemson their best shot. I'm not sure who is pre-scouting our opponents but I hope they do a better job in finding better and consistent opportunities for Clemson's offense and defense too.

We are loaded with talent yes....but l would guess a lot of these close games if they shouldn't have to be close can be a little taxing on our players down the road no matter what our depth is. I would just hate it to catch up with us going forward. I've seen Ohio St. flirt with defeat so many times and it does catch up with them from time to time. Could be the rising parity of the college football landscape....who knows.

With the talent we have....we shouldn't take it for granted with lackluster to average play calling in big games or with lesser opponents. Not saying we should beat everyone by 50 but a 17 point win should be more automatic with lesser opponents if we are fully scouting the competition.

The Boston College game was a bonus performance. The NC State game .....well.....they seemed to be on another mission. Anyway we got Syracuse coming up and we're going to get their best shot too. Lets scout these dudes fully and not take these guys lightly because they are constantly looking for an upset. So lets disappoint Syracuse in definitive fashion Saturday.

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okey Dokey***

Oct 31, 2016, 1:33 PM

Re: A Win Is A Win....However Coach Elliott & Coach Scott .... ----

Oct 31, 2016, 1:39 PM

Looking at NC State. They pretty much put their entire season in our game and when it didn't work out they quit. Even lowly BC beat them last weekend. I see FSU putting big numbers on them this weekend. Kind of funny how that has worked out for them. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang 50 on Cuse and 40+ on Pitt. Then another 50+ on Wake

Oct 31, 2016, 1:40 PM

Then as many as possible on the Coots...

Easy enough...

I gotta re-read this after I've been drinking to fully

evaluate it.

Were you complaining about our play calling

Saturday when we were up 14-0? I don't care how good we are, a 17-point win is not automatic every week. It's just not gonna happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 31, 2016, 1:46 PM

Yes, I'm happy about the win.

I do agree with you that there's always room for improvement.

For example, on Watson's first interception, I believe we were 2nd or 3rd and 1. I didn't understand why we risk throwing the ball at that point. I understand trying to surprise opponent, but my thinking is that we didn't need to get fancy or trick the other team at that point since they really couldn't do anything against us. We were doing everything we wanted to do. I felt we didn't need to give them a spark.

In another situation, we were 2nd and 3 and didn't make any attempt to run the ball. Of course, we ended up punting the ball.

I keep hearing the coaches say that they want to emphasize running the football. Why aren't we giving the running game an opportunity, especially when a situation like that comes.

Our coaches know more about football and getting paid a lot more to do what they do.

I just have to ask the question as a fan.

Oct 31, 2016, 3:03 PM

Exactly how I feel. My complaint is not the call, but the philosophy behind it.

I felt the game was hanging in the balance. A sustained, chew-em-up drive for points and we break their will. I run Gallman down their throats - twice if necessary - and pound them into submission.

Tigernet is full of out of work coaches

Oct 31, 2016, 1:47 PM

Turnovers, over throws, missed assignments, dropped passes, poor reads, missed blocks. If we counted all the negative plays, I would be willing to guess that the vast majority of them were due to execution rather than play calling.

Even well-designed plays look bad when they end in a fumble***

Oct 31, 2016, 1:48 PM

Honestly, I thought the play calling was pretty good

Oct 31, 2016, 1:50 PM

I really only had a serious question about the 3rd and 1 where Watson threw an interception, I would've run that.

But that's nitpicking, and the call that was made was there to be had. Watson just misread the Corner. He had an easy drop down for the first, but thought the corner was pressing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playcalling was fine...FSU definitely had time to pick up

Oct 31, 2016, 2:06 PM

some tendencies. They baited DW4 into that one pick showing blitz and then backing out. I'm impressed with how this program continues to win. Winning on the road like this, consistently, is way underappreciated by most.

DW4 hits Cain on that long throw in the first and we probably go up 21-0......

WHY does everyone keep bringing up NCST

Oct 31, 2016, 1:50 PM

Did you people watch the game? The score would have been something like 45-10 if we dont cough the ball up every other possession. It had very little to do with how NCST played and everything to do with our carelessness with the rock.

I agree--

Oct 31, 2016, 1:54 PM

Loserville did to NCST what we should have done and would have do without the turn overs.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,465
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic