Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is what bothers me the most about ObamaCare
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 398

This is what bothers me the most about ObamaCare

Mar 18, 2013, 8:20 PM

During a time of one of the most severe economic downturns this nation has ever experienced, upwards of 8.0 million jobs were lost-many forever. Housing values plummeted leaving many homeowners upsidedown or foreclosed. 401K values were cut in half. Banks teetered on the brink of insolvency and, for some, closed forever (Lehman Bro's). While lives were being wrecked our President decides to place an additonal MASSIVE burden on the country with a national healthcare plan that is underpinned with DEBT instead of GDP. To me, this is similar to stealing the wallet out of a dead guys back pocket, right after killing him. I'm not going to argue finer points here unless it's TGay in which case, I'm more than happy to put my foot in his ###.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what bothers me the most about ObamaCare

Mar 18, 2013, 8:58 PM

I can see your point, but I feel the same way about the Republicans continued insistence on the tax breaks for the wealthy which have done absolutely nothing to alleviate any of this, raised the deficit, and continue to do nothing but enrich certain people's pocketbooks.

Mar 18, 2013, 9:00 PM

you have no idea what you are talking about, we should not be taxing the "job creators"...oh wait..never mind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2013, 9:41 PM

You're having a secondary, sub-argument offtopic. The point of this post is/was to raise the question of whether or not it was appropriate for the President to take advantage of congressional majority to force his healthcare at the worst possible time. Why would somebody do that? Why on earth would you levy an expense on the American people right after they got kicked in the economic nuts. Who does that? What kind of leader takes advantage of his people like that? If I had been in office, healthcare would have been the LAST friggin thing on my mind. I would not have entertained even the slightest notion of it until the economy was well clear of danger and steaming along at 5-7%, which it is'nt and wont be thanks to him for a long, long time.

Mar 18, 2013, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: This is what bothers me the most about ObamaCare ]

They're ALL crooked. And we can tax the crap out of the wealthy to what end? The difference it makes is the equivalent of throwing a pebble into the ocean.

What bothers me most about Obamacare

Mar 18, 2013, 10:18 PM

It is the 1st legislation in our country where taxpayer dollars are used to fund abortions.

Re: What bothers me most about Obamacare

Mar 18, 2013, 10:23 PM

And the same dollars used to kill babies are used to populate and maintain death row. What the #### is wrong with us? My experience with people is that we're 99% animal, 1% human. At best.

Can you please explain in your own words....

Mar 18, 2013, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: This is what bothers me the most about ObamaCare ]

why the tax rate reductions (which were for all brackets, not just the rich) increased the deficit long-term?

Federal revenue increased in after the rate cuts were accelerated in 2003. We can argue about what caused the increase, but how can you simply state the cuts increased the deficit?

You say that the tax cuts did nothing good...does that mean you don't believe tax policy and tax rates have any impact on economic growth?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have said the same thing

Mar 19, 2013, 8:48 AM

We need health care reform & this is a noble step but we just can't afford it. All they have done is speed up the timetable for the demise of Medicare, Medicaid & Social Security.

At a time when health care demands are growing (demographic imperative), the tax base is shrinking, you expand the health care benefit program?

Replies: 8
| visibility 398
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic