Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KJ Henry Tweet about not interviewing Dad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

KJ Henry Tweet about not interviewing Dad

Aug 1, 2017, 8:56 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1668218&tstart=0

https://twitter.com/thekjhenry_/status/823583431867199488

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KJ Henry Tweet about not interviewing Dad

Aug 1, 2017, 8:59 AM

Who is that directed at ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Initially the TarHoles***

Aug 1, 2017, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Still can't believe that this is permissible

Aug 1, 2017, 9:03 AM

Even if the other guys are doing it, I am not convinced that this is a path Clemson wants (or needs) to start down. Extremely slippery slope.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely different if the coach is the target and the kid

Aug 1, 2017, 9:16 AM

follows. I am not sure which way CootU went on Bentley...time will tell.

Limited coaching positions are too valuable to use in this way. I can see us now with a staff of Dabo and 10 (or whatever the number is) "dad coaches". Who do you think gets fired? This is how some schools want to catch up with us, and I say let them.

What is next? Can my brother be trainer? Equipment manager? Got a Rally Cat spot for my sister? This is not Pop Warner. I would argue that having the best coaches available is just as important as having the best players. Probably more important.

Re: Still can't believe that this is permissible

Aug 1, 2017, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Still can't believe that this is permissible ]

Agree,
Allowed or not, it feels dirty.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Can't wait to hear the successful bidder say

Aug 1, 2017, 9:27 AM

"But...but..you hired Brad Scott to get Jeff...then you hired Dabo Swinney to get Swinney...then Brent Venables to get Jake...then Bill Spiers to get Will. Clemson is a bunch of hypocrites!"

LOL

Dabo Swinney to get Will***

Aug 1, 2017, 9:30 AM

Aug 1, 2017, 9:04 AM

If giving dad a job as a coach at a better school is going to be what it takes to land this kid, I hope we go in another direction and find another player to fit our needs. This isn't charity.

Wow. Red Flag.***

Aug 1, 2017, 9:09 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ EXACTLY

Aug 1, 2017, 9:13 AM

and having SC in the five mix was troubling since that program at this time has 0 chance to advance to a Natty or give him the very best chance for a NFL career...

imho!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2017, 9:13 AM

We've passed on guys like this before. Nkemdiche, Bryce Brown, etc. come to mind. Clemson doesn't like to be held captive by a handler or a parent of a recruit.

He's a very good football player but if we have to hire his dad to get him then I say we move on

Aug 1, 2017, 9:19 AM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. WE AINT HIRING HIS DAD AND NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE THAT IS A PREREQUISITE FOR GETTING KJ. IF IT IS HE WILL BE PLAYING ELSEWHERE. IT WILL BE HIS LOSS. SOME OF YOU LADIES NEED TO GET A DOG.

Aug 1, 2017, 9:27 AM

Notice the IF in that statement. Just saying IF that's what it takes we need to stay away.

I hope we land him and I think he really likes us. We'll see IF his dads future job prospects play a role in his final decision

Aug 1, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: KJ Henry Tweet about not interviewing Dad ]

LOL I think you're included in getting the dog. Honestly, it's a work around allowed by the NCAA to PAY a family for getting their kid to commit to a school. Once the kid graduates, nothing is stopping that school from releasing that coach. I wonder how many parents are still working at a school that was only hired because of their son/daughter?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know it right!?

Aug 1, 2017, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: KJ Henry Tweet about not interviewing Dad ]

The nerve of some of these posters discussing a recruitment of a 'cruit. Don't they know these boards are strictly for taking jabs at ESPN and Paul Finebum?

Now if y'all excuse me, I have a dog to walk...

Aug 1, 2017, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: KJ Henry Tweet about not interviewing Dad ]

Slippery slope! I want Henry but not at the cost of hiring his father. Dirty but legal recruiting!

Aug 1, 2017, 1:42 PM

Your Gamecocks need all the help they can get.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

If hiring his dad is what it takes then this staff will back off. But

Aug 1, 2017, 9:26 AM

That tweet is not clear enough for me to take it that way 100% even though I am about 80% sure that's what he means.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If hiring his dad is what it takes then this staff will back off. But

Aug 1, 2017, 9:31 AM

It's from January of this year. He's been around and talking about Clemson a lot since then. Forget the rear window...stick to the windshield view...just like the team does.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2017, 10:10 AM

Sorry did not look at the date. Shouldn't this type of response be directed at the one who started this thread?

Aug 1, 2017, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: If hiring his dad is what it takes then this staff will back off. But ]

And continuing down this thread other people have noted this. TW says he probably feels the same now. Others say he was venting at UNC. I still stand 100% behind what I say with Nkemdiche being the prime example. If you remember he was jockeying for Ryan Carter to get an offer to seal the deal for him. The staff refused to do this at the time. They waited until RN was Miss bound and offered Ruan a week or so before NSD. Dabo stated that the reason he was offered late was because of things going on that weren't fair to him early in the process. This staff does not give into these type of demands from recruits so I assure you that if hiring KJ's dad is a prerequisite to landing him they will not cave into his demands.

exactly...Very old tweet...irrelevant************

Aug 1, 2017, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: If hiring his dad is what it takes then this staff will back off. But ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Aug 1, 2017, 11:39 AM

Back in Jan he was complaining about a school wanting him that wouldn't hire/interview his Dad,now, in August,we are hearing that USuC may hire his Dad to get him. The only place his thoughts on that back in Jan would be irrelevant would be someone either not knowing or willing to look at the facts.

Why would it EVER be irrelevant...

Aug 1, 2017, 12:30 PM [ in reply to exactly...Very old tweet...irrelevant************ ]

to note that a recruit has so blatantly shopped his recruitment out like that? Why does it matter when he said it? If his intention was indeed to shop his recruitment based on his dad's employment and he doesn't see the ethical issue with that, the kid lacks character and basic common sense. This sounds like the kind of stuff that would and SHOULD get scumbag coaches (read SEC, Ole Miss, etc.) FIRED and the school's football program penalized HEAVILY by the NCAA.
I don't understand why that isn't an NCAA violation that makes the kid ineligible to even play for an NCAA-sanctioned team!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would it EVER be irrelevant...

Aug 1, 2017, 1:05 PM

What exactly is the ethical issue? College football is a big-money business built on the backs of unpaid players, and this kid wants to get some of that money for his family the only way he can at the moment. He hasn't broken any rules.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow... just wow

Aug 1, 2017, 3:05 PM

Smh

I don't follow recruiting, but that Tweet is from January.

Aug 1, 2017, 9:35 AM

I would assume any concerns about quid pro quo have been resolved if we are still actively pursuing this recruit.

And agree with others who said that this is not something Clemson would want to be involved in. I just think that some time 17 year olds make comments publicly without understanding the full implication. Hopefully that is all this was for him.

null

Old post from January, not really relevant right now.***

Aug 1, 2017, 9:51 AM

Why? You don't think he feels the same way?***

Aug 1, 2017, 9:54 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sorry, TW. It is just hard to take you seriously

Aug 1, 2017, 11:58 AM

when you are wearing that hat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Doesn't the USuC talk of hiring his dad

Aug 1, 2017, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Old post from January, not really relevant right now.*** ]

make this relevant ?

Re: Doesn't the USuC talk of hiring his dad

Aug 1, 2017, 10:09 AM

THIS MORNING COACH MORRELL SAID HE DIDNT SEE IT HAPPENING AT COOTERVILLE FOR SEVERAL REASONS ON OF WHICH WAS STAFF UNITY.

Hope he's right.***

Aug 1, 2017, 10:10 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I remember this Tweet.

Aug 1, 2017, 9:55 AM

And why it was easy for me to read the tea leaves

Aug 1, 2017, 10:02 AM

I think he was just venting on a particular school that would not even interview his dad. I would have probably done the same thing, as "why would I want to play for you if your wouldn't even interview him". IF he had been interviewed and given a shot, his attitude would probably be different. I don't think Dabo would have any trouble telling KJ and his dad that we just don't have a spot for any new coaches. probably the arrogance at UNC was the deal breaker!

I only brought it back up because

Aug 1, 2017, 10:06 AM

of all the talk about USuC maybe hiring his Father, that's the only reason it's relevant. He was talking about his Dad ,a job and recruiting in the same context in Jan. Now in Aug, talk is real high about another University hiring his Dad.

Re: I only brought it back up because

Aug 1, 2017, 11:17 AM

Talk from who, idiot coots????? If this happens, well, I'll wait till it happens. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't TW say it was on TI/247 ?

Aug 1, 2017, 11:41 AM

Didn't we hire Bent to get Jake? Turned out OK.***

Aug 1, 2017, 10:44 AM

Aug 1, 2017, 11:44 AM

What is this CNN? Jeeze folks have some faith in the staff. FWIW his father; Keith Henry, is a college level coach, been so for a long time, anyone on this board know anyone in the Henry family? If not then don't read into old tweets, next we will be hearing about Russian interference in the recruiting process...

His father's qualifications are irrelevant!!!

Aug 1, 2017, 12:34 PM

It's the kid shopping his recruitment as being contingent on hiring his daddy that is the issue, and it is a serious ethical issue IMO. If KJ can't understand that then we should steer clear of him and he daddy.

Aug 1, 2017, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: KJ Henry Tweet about not interviewing Dad ]

> What is this CNN? Jeeze folks have some faith in the
> staff. FWIW his father; Keith Henry, is a college
> level coach, been so for a long time, anyone on this
> board know anyone in the Henry family? If not then
> don't read into old tweets, next we will be hearing
> about Russian interference in the recruiting
> process...

> What is this CNN? Jeeze folks have some faith in the
> staff. FWIW his father; Keith Henry, is a college
> level coach, been so for a long time, anyone on this
> board know anyone in the Henry family? If not then
> don't read into old tweets, next we will be hearing
> about Russian interference in the recruiting
> process...

He has been a D1 coach but all his time at that level was on Jim Grobe's staff at Ohio and Wake Forest. When Grove was fired from Wake in 2013 (4 years ago) nobody came calling until Charlotte did this year. That's pretty telling to me.

Aug 1, 2017, 12:10 PM

That note is a bit weird to me. I thought his Dad already had a job at the time? Looking for a different one or a better one is one thing, but if that was the case, don't equate that to needing one to put food on the table.

Aug 1, 2017, 1:05 PM

> That note is a bit weird to me. I thought his Dad
> already had a job at the time? Looking for a
> different one or a better one is one thing, but if
> that was the case, don't equate that to
> needing one to put food on the table.
His dad wasn't hired by Charlotte until February 2017 a month after the tweet.

Aug 1, 2017, 1:21 PM

I know that. But I don't see that he was out of work at the time he took the job at Charlotte. It seems it was a voluntary change.

http://www.salisburypost.com/2017/02/22/henry-leaving-catawba-take-uncc-position/

Aug 1, 2017, 12:54 PM

No reason to surface this tweet. It was from January and addressed towards UNC and the in-state schools (thus why they aren't in his top 5). He's expressed that it wasn't about Clemson.

This post is only causing hostility and frustration toward one of our top targets and one that loves Clemson.

Aug 1, 2017, 1:14 PM

Obviously we didn't waste our time cause we made the cut.

This sounds almost identical to a quote from another kid

Aug 1, 2017, 1:21 PM

a few months back. I can't remember who it was now, but his dad was also trying to get a coaching job, and the kid basically said the exact same thing as KJ Henry.

Oh no wonder it sounds familiar... its the same d*mn

Aug 1, 2017, 1:22 PM

quote. I thought this was something new.

This is new ...........................................

Aug 1, 2017, 1:48 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21886862

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic