Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
State of Clemson Basketball....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

State of Clemson Basketball....

Dec 22, 2019, 8:23 PM

First of all, I'm not a Brownell apologist. I do not like the way the team looks this year. Unfortunately, we are on pace to finish the season as the the so-called experts have said with a poor season.
In 109 seasons of basketball, Clemson has an overall record of 1337-1309-2 for a 50.5% all-time winning record.

Here's a look at Clemson over the last 6 decades...
1960's - (104-147) 41.4%
1970's - (159-117) 57.6%
1980's - (178-138) 56.3%
1990's - (164-143) 53.1%
2000's - (178-137) 56.5%
2010's - (185-133) 58.1%

In the last 5 decades, we have surpassed our overall win %. This decade, by win %, is the best decade in the last 6 (I didn't check any further back). I know there's time for this team to drop that win percentage. If, as some think on here, we lose all 20 ACC games, the win % would still be 54.7% , which would still not make this the worst decade in Clemson Basketball.

I feel that we need a better product on the court. I also feel we should be able to compete on a better level in the ACC and compete for championships. But, I don't care who the coach is, if recruits are brought in to an empty arena all the time, they will experience a fanbase that will not support you when you're down. I just think any true Tiger should support the players and the school, even if the product is subpar. I think leadership is more apt to listen to people about change more than empty seats. Just my opinion.

Regardless who our coach is better recruits are coming and better years are coming. I believe that with all my heart.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: State of Clemson Basketball....

Dec 22, 2019, 8:32 PM

I understand supporting the team, but the combination of bad product, classes out, and Christmas activities, it's hard to expect anything else.

I used to go out of my way to find games on TV and have even driven up from Atlanta to go to games when there was something to see. The last entertaining team was when KJ was here. Seems to have gone downhill pretty consistently since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: State of Clemson Basketball....

Dec 22, 2019, 8:33 PM

This is the most perplexing thing about the current state of Clemson Basketball. Brownell will likely hold a bunch of the team coaching records before he leaves. However, it’s also likely his tenure will be viewed as one of the darker eras of Clemson Basketball. Atleast with Shyatt he left no doubt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That you Mickey?

Dec 22, 2019, 9:01 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic