Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well too a trial w Hulu
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,940

Well too a trial w Hulu

Aug 27, 2019, 7:41 PM

So far disappointing performance. Not all channels working and very slow on resonse to remote commands. Clearly a trial to get me through the game but thats about it based on what I see so far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well too a trial w Hulu

Aug 27, 2019, 7:47 PM

What remote/device are you using to stream? Ive noticed the smart tv's and there remote can be kinda funky. The firestick remote is crazy fast and really nice to use with these streaming services IMO. And yes, you can get youtube tv on firestick.

But i will say that so far HULU seems very disorganized compared to youtube tv. Not sure if there is a typical guide or not, but since the espn app has started to work for Verizon fios, im all in on that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2019, 7:58 PM

Using a new sony tv remote

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2019, 7:53 PM

Hulu's guide is truly awful, that's why I didn't stick with it. Vue's guide is by far the worst, but they have the best selection of sports channels.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2019, 9:11 PM

And to think that most folks on T-Net were mostly saying that YouTube TV was the best!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well too a trial w Hulu-yep I'm just burning trials

Aug 27, 2019, 10:32 PM

w each till my provider comes through. If they dont in a few weeks I'll dump them. Just not in the mood for the hassle of waiting all day for their folks to show up

Did the same thing...it was real spotty last night with

Aug 27, 2019, 10:57 PM

Buffering, finally just had to walk away. It was a little better tonight. Seemed to work well at my office where we have fast internet, so I'll probably watch there. Unless by some miracle DISH gets their ##### together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did the same thing...it was real spotty last night with

Aug 27, 2019, 11:26 PM

My problem is slow to load or switch shows. Some channels not working, Very unimpressive response to commands

Aug 28, 2019, 8:01 AM

If anyone is having problems with a streaming service like Hulu or Youtube TV playing it using an app on your TV you might want to try a something like a Roku. Many TV manufacturers don't always have a stable app available, especially if the TV is a few years old.

Amazon's Fire Sticks are also good, but they won't get an official Youtube TV app until later this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hulu has a terrible user interface

Aug 28, 2019, 8:34 AM

Not sure who dreamed it up but not straightforward and logical vs YTTV.

I use a Roku Streaming Stick+ on one TV and the built in YTTV app on another Samsung smart TV.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree on the hulu interface. I switched to PSVue for that

Aug 28, 2019, 10:04 AM

very reason. YTTV at the time offered less channels, but I am thinking about taking another look now. PSV worked for me last football season, so may stick with it through this one. Also have a bunch of dvr'd stuff I need to watch!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The beauty of month-to-month streaming service is...

Aug 28, 2019, 11:09 AM

...you can switch at any time to another provider without penalty and come back anytime you want. Same reason I switch to month-to-month mobile phone service.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,940
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic