Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ticket Seller Warning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1,861

Ticket Seller Warning

Sep 5, 2011, 7:38 PM

Last week I posted an ad to sell two season tickets at face value. Almost immediately, I received a call from Mike Mathews of Anderson and we agreed to a deal and meeting place for Saturday morning. I then deleted the ad.

I called Mike's number, 864-844-XXX4, on Friday night and I left a message on his voice mail to re-assure him that I would meet our appointment to close our deal.

On Saturday, I sent him a text to his cell phone to confirm that I was on my way and followed up with a call when I crossed the state line as Mike had requested. Maybe I was naive and should have gotten more information about Mike, but I assumed that he that he was a Clemson Fan and I had no reason to believe that he was less than honorable.

On Saturday morning, Mike was a no show and never answered his phone, so I am not sure what the problem was. Maybe he found a better deal or didn’t have the money. Maybe he was playing a childish prank, in which case, he got me. I lost some time and money.

I called Mike's number, 864-844-xxxx, on Sunday and I left a message on his voice mail giving him a chance to explain what happened before I posted this. He never returned the call. Bottom line, be care if Mike Mathews contacts you about buying tickets.

Did anyone else sell Mike tickets by chance?

I posted this earlier, but it was deleted. I am asumming that it was because I posted Mike's phone number.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ticket Seller Warning

Sep 5, 2011, 7:42 PM

Mike found out that paying face for a ticket you could get for 16 bucks wasn't smart. Simply sell your ticket when you get to the game. Problem solved.

NOW. Please stop

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2011, 7:45 PM

I was selling all of the season tickets, not just the Troy ticket. Are you Mike?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2011, 7:54 PM

Mike is out there somewhere. Where could he be????? For what its worth....I'm not Mike. I actually buy items from Tnet members a lot. Tickets, Parking Passes, and even my last purchase (Automatic Satellite). Never had a bad experience.

Here is a golden rule: NEVER wait till the day of the game to sell ANYTHING.

Sep 5, 2011, 8:25 PM

Thanks for the advice. I am a big kid and can weigh the risks. I just wanted to put the word on Mike Mathews. He might be a chicken in a Tiger skin. I hope not.

Sep 5, 2011, 8:27 PM

Last year he tryed to sell me some,I think he buys them at face,then sell them for a profit.

Sep 5, 2011, 8:33 PM

Thanks. I thought that that might be the case. He had a few days to try to resell before putting out the cash. Lesson learned. Did his number end in 2274?

Sep 5, 2011, 8:35 PM

Yes,I put a add on Tnet looking for tics last year and he called.I was about to send him the money,but my buddy found some and I used those.

Thanks for the warning. ****

Sep 5, 2011, 8:41 PM

I will buy your fsu tix.***

Sep 5, 2011, 8:43 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: I will buy your fsu tix.***

Sep 5, 2011, 8:46 PM

I am only interested in selling the whole package.

Re: I will buy your fsu tix.***

Sep 5, 2011, 9:11 PM

I may buy the whole package. T-mail me and tell me what you have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 5, 2011, 9:17 PM

I purchased from mike last year with no problems. I'm sure there is an explanation. Always answered my calls and emails and seemed to be a stand up guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hi Mike***

Sep 5, 2011, 9:18 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hi Mike***

Sep 5, 2011, 9:22 PM

I'm not mike. I live in Florence. Mike lives in the upstate and his email begins with laysman. I bought from him. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that. Nothing wrong with the guy buying tickets and reselling them. It's called capitalism.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hi Mike***

Sep 5, 2011, 10:15 PM

I would not have a problem with Mike reselling the tickets.

Breaking a person's words make one pretty low down.

Not beeing brave enough to answer a call is being a chicken.

mike

Sep 5, 2011, 9:25 PM

5050 check your tmail. Got something you will like.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Ticket Seller Warning

Sep 5, 2011, 9:26 PM

That's because you bought from him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2011, 9:27 PM

I'm sure 'Mike' isn't out there continually scamming people. He just found tickets at a better price.

By no means am I condoning his actions. I think that if you make a verbal commitment to buy tickets, you should be a man of your word and purchase them.

I have been burned many times in the past trusting people will show up to buy tickets day of the game. It's more frustrating when you turn down people who will meet you immediately to buy the tickets because you want to honor the first person who agreed to buy them.

Sep 5, 2011, 11:12 PM

I think Mike is layman88

Sep 5, 2011, 11:16 PM

laysman33

Sep 5, 2011, 11:17 PM

Yeah i just picked up some free tickets...hope you enjoyed eating those tickets buddy! Thats what you get for trying to sell those ###### game tickets for face

Sep 5, 2011, 11:20 PM

someone has no life lol

I got 100 bucks that says who ever created this handle is the same guy who created latti4heisman lol

not funny. you went through that trouble to set up a scok?***

Sep 5, 2011, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Ticket Seller Warning ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So the guy changed his mind....

Sep 5, 2011, 11:24 PM

Really not a big enough deal to post his name and most of his phone number slamming the guy....Should he have let you know he didn't want them? Yea probably so but he didn't scam you or get over on you he just changed his mind or found a better deal. Mountain out of a mullhill?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: So the guy changed his mind....

Sep 5, 2011, 11:27 PM

thanks for your support!

Sep 5, 2011, 11:32 PM [ in reply to So the guy changed his mind.... ]

Is that the way you run your carpet business?

Sep 7, 2011, 3:08 PM

Frank,
This is the "REAL" Mike Mathews. I am sorry for standing you up on Saturday. After our talk that night, I did not have a good feeling about buying the tickets. I never kept your number and all the messages you left, you never gave a return number. I was not pulling a prank or anything else like that. I just changed my mined. I do buy and sell tickets on tigernet as well as ebay. I have never posted on any of the boards before, so the guy with the ID as "MIke Mathews" is not me. Again I am sorry for any inconveince this has caused you. If you would like to call me to discuss this further or have any questions, just give me a call. You have my number.
One last thing, I am sorry to all in Tigernet for this mishap!!
Mike
Laysman33

2024 certified_seller level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why PayPal is your friend***

Sep 5, 2011, 11:30 PM

No it definitely isnt but

Sep 6, 2011, 1:05 AM

I can tell you this when l have a problem with a customer collecting money(which is very rare) l don't post there name and number in a public forum...My point was he didn't take you for anything he was just unaccountable

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I don't see the problem with warning others...***

Sep 7, 2011, 3:26 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 1,861
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic