Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOOK: KJ Henry graduating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

LOOK: KJ Henry graduating

Dec 17, 2020, 11:20 AM

https://twitter.com/thekjhenry/status/1339603409381441538

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOOK: KJ Henry graduating

Dec 17, 2020, 11:33 AM

How in the h3ll is he a graduate already! Seems like yesterday he stepped foot on campus. Proud of you KJ!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Most of these guys take classes in the summer

Dec 17, 2020, 11:35 AM

when your average CU student is off enjoying their vacation or working a part-time job, not that there's anything wrong with that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most of these guys take classes in the summer

Dec 17, 2020, 11:55 AM

Considering that the "cost of living" is becoming a bigger issue for college debt, I am surprised a lot more kids aren't taking the summer offerings, etc. I took summer courses and those proved to very useful for getting ahead. Shaving off a year can be a big deal depending on your target. I early enrolled (summer) for the PhD and shaved off some of my class requirements so I got started on my dissertation by the end of my first year in earnest. That saved a year on my back-end.

Looking back, I kinda wished I went ahead and graduated with my undergrad in 3.5 years. I took the spring senior year to complete a double major. It "helped" for being prepped for graduate work -aka doing two undergraduate thesis requirements) Then again, I did the undergrad, professional masters (56 credits), and PhD straight through in 10 total years (BA in 4, M in 2, PhD in 4) then a post-doc and I was beyond burnt out at the end.

Clemson charges $2000 per CREDIT at Summer School

Dec 17, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Most of these guys take classes in the summer ]

Summer school is ridiculously expense for the average student...almost like they don't want to serve the students OR they are just extremely greedy. $6k for a class you may have already failed or just trying to get ahead is not a good idea- especially if you want 3 courses to justify your rent...might as well just wait until the next term. FB players don't need to worry about this obviously.

Re: Clemson charges $2000 per CREDIT at Summer School

Dec 17, 2020, 1:56 PM

What are you on about?

It is about $600-700 instate per credit hour. $1,600 for out of state. Granted you will have some other fees (like the $10 library fee) and any other lab fee... but it isnt that expensive and not compared to a regular semester. Just paying rent from May-July (3 months)is still cheaper than paying rent from Jan-May or Aug-Dec (5 months each) and you can log the same number of credits.

Next, you don't just load 3 credits, you load 6-9 per term (thus 12-18 total for both terms) depending and you can get a semester/two ahead.

That was sneaky about Clemson (and my one big complaint) was that if you were on a assistantship from out-of-state, they may "require" a mandatory 3 credit course in full-time program during the summer whereby the assistantship tuition waiver does not cover (9 month contract). Then it is "expensive". As it cost me 6 grad "extra". However, after that summer I was on a 12 month assistantship. So.... it was about $1000 total for me out-of-pocket + book.

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Dec 17, 2020, 12:03 PM

Congrats to KJ! Very happy for him.

Regarding football, does this make him eligible to transfer after the season and play right away somewhere else?

Dec 17, 2020, 12:10 PM

There have been some who have wondered why KJ had not lived up to his lofty 5* status coming in. This just proves that KJ has been locked in when it comes to the classroom. Outstanding job KJ!

I have a feeling that he will have a lot more time to focus on sharpening those skills that made him so highly thought of coming out of high school. Kid is to physically talented and mentally strong to not blossom into a stud DE/LB for the Tigers.

This time next season will be the KJ Henry show. I also have a strong hunch that Henry will be one of those players who always take that big step in-between the final regular season game and the playoffs. They show flashes of greatness and dominance, from what seems to be out of nowhere.

I believe that KJ can and will lock in and dominate on the feild just as he did in the classroom. Just feel as if this Tiger is destined for greater things

Dec 17, 2020, 3:14 PM

I was one day out from a nasty foot injury when I ran into his family in the Phoenix airport before the playoff game this past Christmas. Standing there at the baggage carousel in my Clemson gear, crutches and a cast, this tall lady came up and asked what happened - I explained it and she told me how her son (KJ) was on the team and the entire family (parents, grandparents and all) had flown out to Phoenix to catch the game. We stood and talked for 15-20 mins while we waited for our luggage to come out and what an incredible family - all of them.

Later on, I looked them up and the entire family is comprised of athletes, coaches and refs - even KJ himself refs basketball. Such a nice family, top to bottom - another student athlete that completely fits the mold that Dabo looks for. I'm not surprised at all that he's breezed through school and now on to bigger and better things.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/19579825/kj-henry-basketball-ref-turned-five-star-de

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic