Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Friendly reminder to NEVER trust a political poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Friendly reminder to NEVER trust a political poll

Mar 9, 2021, 9:20 AM

"In a reflection of the partisanship that continues to rage in the U.S., many Americans’ views of the economy have flipped since the new president was inaugurated. In December, 67% of Republicans and just 15% of Democrats described the economy as good. Now, 35% of Republicans and 41% of Democrats describe the economy positively. There’s been little change in overall growth or unemployment over that time."

The "our guy good, their guy bad" mentality makes every single poll involving politics absolutely useless. Also a lot of the pollsters are notoriously left or right-leaning, making them even less trustworthy. So don't ever cite them in an argument.

https://apnews.com/article/ap-norc-poll-americans-largely-back-biden-virus-response-d365bff571c24f9d3575bcbd051780aa

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Friendly reminder to NEVER trust a political poll

Mar 9, 2021, 9:28 AM

Wow this is really eye opening. Generally speaking, people are incredibly stupid and know nothing about anything, particularly something complicated like the largest economy in the world. The internet gives said people the confidence to A) think they know what they're talking about and B) the platform to do so.

I think we as a society should strongly consider cancelling any sort of interactive platforms on the internet and just go back to land line phones and encyclopedias.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Friendly reminder to NEVER trust a political poll

Mar 10, 2021, 7:05 AM

Wouldn't it be a better idea to just Cancel Culture all the "News" reporting media?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't use polls to gauge the economy....

Mar 9, 2021, 11:27 AM

I use our project backlog and size of projects to gauge the economy.

It's a much better indicator.

I can say I had a very good outlook prior to COVID. It's gotten better since COVID started, but the projects that went on hold pre-election and have not come back isn't a good sign.

Lots of little stuff is moving, but the $10M plus is barely moving. That is troubling especially given that cost of money these days.

There is optimism for Q3/Q4 this year, but time will tell. I can say the current administration's policies are not business friendly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't use polls to gauge the economy....

Mar 10, 2021, 7:40 AM

Agree!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would anyone use a poll to evaluate

Mar 10, 2021, 8:04 AM [ in reply to I don't use polls to gauge the economy.... ]

the economy? Polls are for public opinion.

How is it useless when you are literally using the poll

Mar 10, 2021, 7:39 AM

to make an important point about our country? It seems like the poll was very useful, to me.

Reminds me of......

Mar 10, 2021, 8:17 AM

this scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMMNvYTEyI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic