Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For my money there is only one type of jump rope...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 101

For my money there is only one type of jump rope...

Apr 16, 2021, 8:45 AM

and that's the segmented plastic style. I find the weight that the plastic segments add really helps cut down on the number of "faults" that occur, especially when jumping rope outside where a slight breeze can unexpectedly end a fantastic session. It would be interesting to know what our athletic department's thoughts are on this subject.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

For a while they were using glow stick technology

Apr 16, 2021, 8:58 AM

in translucent tubes for jump ropes. That way they could jump rope at night. The jump ropes kept getting brighter and brighter as they hit the ground however. They had to move to something else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm hearing from my sources in the athletic department

Apr 16, 2021, 9:18 AM

that they "don't have any thoughts on the subject and that is a dumb question". Don't shoot the messenger, that's just what they told me.

Also they asked "How did you get this number?", but I digress.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For my money there is only one type of jump rope...

Apr 16, 2021, 9:31 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-BsEoMlMv8

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think he had a couple of heart attacks just while talking***

Apr 16, 2021, 9:35 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think he had a couple of heart attacks just while talking***

Apr 16, 2021, 10:28 AM

I think they have moved on to hop scotch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2021, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: For my money there is only one type of jump rope... ]

I need to get one of those 30 lb jump ropes. It obviously got him in great shape.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2021, 10:40 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, when you're able to do this..........

Apr 16, 2021, 11:26 AM

get back to us on your fancy jump rope.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

You look a bit light in your loafers there Booster . . .

Apr 16, 2021, 3:31 PM

not that there’s anything wrong with that . . . it just explains a few things . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve heard this is what the basketball team still uses...

Apr 16, 2021, 11:42 AM

While Dabo got a bunch of the light-up ones.

It’s just not fair.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Aunt mable used to beat me with one of those

Apr 16, 2021, 12:12 PM

when I would forget to clean up after Mr. Pickles.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Okay boomer

Apr 16, 2021, 1:44 PM

get with the 21st century already!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Okay boomer

Apr 19, 2021, 12:32 AM

Little later than the pogo ball.........

looks shopped***

Apr 16, 2021, 4:13 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

For me it is the clacking noise they make when they hit the

Apr 16, 2021, 4:37 PM

pavement. I can immediately tell if someone is doing the double rope just by the sound, and that is my cue to join in. It seems intimidating at first, timing it out when there are two ropes going at once, but once you get in there it is pretty easy and you can do improvisational moves as you get the hang of it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For me it is the clacking noise they make when they hit the

Apr 16, 2021, 4:49 PM

It seems intimidating at first, timing it out when there are two ropes going at once, but once you get in there it is pretty easy and you can do improvisational moves as you get the hang of it.

I don't know if "The Chamber" is still up and running in Atlanta still, but back in the day (late '90s) I remember being propositioned by a semi-attractive young lady there who wanted me to be one of her ropes later that evening.

Having never double roped.. I declined. Looking back, and never again having the chance to double rope... I sometimes regret that decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For me it is the clacking noise they make when they hit the

Apr 16, 2021, 4:52 PM

I have double roped a number of young ladies in my yoot. I am sorry you did not get to experience this, but if you are ever in West Palm Beach and have a Venmo account, I might be able to help.

I was a member of an all men’s team...

Apr 16, 2021, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: For me it is the clacking noise they make when they hit the ]

These guys were all pretty experienced.I learned a lot in just a few sessions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I was a member of an all men’s team...

Apr 16, 2021, 5:04 PM

This reminds me of the Men's Palettes class I attended when I was working out in West Hollywood. The Instructors were very firm, but never made me feel uncomfortable or not in control.

Re: I was a member of an all men’s team...

Apr 18, 2021, 11:10 PM [ in reply to I was a member of an all men’s team... ]

You guys have it all figured out, I wish I could jump the high rope & be on the all man team......

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Yea, umm-Kay Boomer...

Apr 18, 2021, 11:52 PM

No message, you’re ghey.

Replies: 21
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic