Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,827

Clemson Baseball

Apr 24, 2016, 5:25 PM

Coach Lee and his staff has got a lot of work to do in straightening out The Baseball Program.

That's All

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: Clemson Baseball

Apr 24, 2016, 5:42 PM

It appears we are weaker than we thought with our pitching staff. I realize there are many Freshmen and Sophomores but the talent does not seem to be there. Recruiting will be big for next year in that dept.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2016, 8:56 AM

The talent is definitely there, you just said it. Freshmen and sophomores. Barnes (So.) has arguably been our best weekend starter, which isn't saying much because of his inconsistencies. Eubanks (Fr.) has been up and down but the talent is definitely there. Higginbotham (Fr.) has good stuff, and could be a really solid weekend starter if he keeps working on his control of a second/third pitch. Crawford (Fr.) has been a bright spot out of the pen and a pretty reliable arm overall. Gilliam (Fr.)had a bad outing on Sunday but you can see that he has the stuff to be a good pitcher in the coming seasons.... I mean the talent is there. They will continue to recruit better players, but we lost a lot last year in terms of pitching, we all kind of knew the well would be pretty dry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They do have some work to do. That's not surprising, and

Apr 24, 2016, 6:23 PM

it's okay. The question is, will they get it done over the next couple of years. I still like our chances.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 24, 2016, 6:33 PM

It's season one.That's all you need to know.

could it be Coach Lee is trying to many changes ,too quick

Apr 24, 2016, 7:19 PM

?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: could it be Coach Lee is trying to many changes ,too quick

Apr 24, 2016, 7:29 PM

Could be but I think he is just trying to find the combination of things to start clicking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2016, 8:31 PM

I think most people though CLEMSON would struggle this year due to lack of pitching, but then we started winning and we thought we guessed wrong. As they have hit the ACC schedule, then our glaring weakness is showing it's ugly side. We have won games that we should have lost, so I am still encouraged. We won't be all that successful until Lee gets 2-3 years of his recruits on board. I'm okay with that. We have stopped the bleeding IMO, so now we have to heal.

Apr 24, 2016, 9:44 PM

I believe we have more pitching talent then what's been displayed. The problem I see is we have a staff of throwers vs.a staff of pitchers. IMO that boils down to coaching, this coaching staff has had since last September to work with these kids without a lot of progress shown. I believe physically we can compete but the mental part of pitching isn't there yet.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic